Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hammers or Saints then...

How do we want to visit next year then Lifers?

Cannot stand WHU myself. A tawdry club trading on past glorys and their friends in the media and a spell away from the top table seems only fitting after getting away with some of their financial shenanegins and dishonesty. Plus their fans still seem to think they have a God given right to be in the Prem.

Not a Saints lover by any means but their fans have been through a similar experience to ourselves and have seen their club at rock bottom recently albeit they also are no angels financially.

Saints play far better football for me and on balance, despite it being potentially my nearest away day next year, I think they deserve it.

Comments

• Yeah, Saints to go up for me. Fantastic football this season. And a few mates are Saints/from Southampton.

Plus WH would be another close away day for us London/Kent supporters. I think we'd get good numbers there.
  • Wet spam for me.

As explained on another thread I need at least one local game.

Plus I can't stand saints supporters which is obviously difficult living where I do.
  • Saints all day long, playing a team that is already relegated plus Coventry have an appalling away record
  • Southampton for me, we haven't played West Ham in a while plus they'll probably get rid of Fat Sam and bring in Di Canio and they'll be a mess next season.
  • Don't like Saints supporters either. The type who constantly go on about themselves, their big attendances etc etc. Very similar to Norwich in that sense.

Would love to go to West Ham again next year though. After three years of obscure away trips, it is going to be nice to have some big local derbies all over the division.
  • Not overly fond of either but a 10 min trip to Upton would be nice next season
  • Just me then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    I've no love for The Stains, but I want Wet Sham down.
  • After the way Southampton knocked their debts I can't wish them well but I just hate West Ham more. In truth I can't see Coventry getting anything at St Mary's so I think we'll all (excluding SA) get what we want.

Having said that I suspect that West Ham will win the playoffs just to piss me off!
  • Bournemouth, everything you said covered what I think about West Ham!

I hope West Ham lose in the play offs horrendously!
  • Sponsored links:

• Saints. Went to uni there and it would be nice to go to Upton Park next season!
  • Soton. Would much prefer to beat West Ham at the Valley next year.
  • A combination of the corruption of the Tevez affair plus the disgraceful treatment of Alan Curbishley by West Ham means I would prefer Southampton to go up.
  • Saints for me, west ham fans just assumed they'd bounce straight back, would like to see how their summer is if they stay down, and if saints go up it shows it can be done!
  • Have I got this right - if Southampton draw 1-1, they'll be on 86 points, goal difference of 35, goals scored 82, goals conceded 47.
    If West Ham win 3-0 they'll be on 86 points, goal difference of 35, goals scored 82, goals conceded 47.

What would happen?!
    (sorry if this has been covered already)
  • Head to head would be in Southampton's favour.

Have I missed something obvious?
  • i think if it' all dead equal the football league said a head to head game would take place to see who get's 2nd think it happened in the spl few years back
  • If West Ham get promoted don't all the Championship clubs get a few bob because of the parachute money ? Just a thought.
  • Want Saints to win, think they will, too.

Want to beat West Ham next year.
  • i stand corrected, it does go on head to head.
  • Sponsored links:

• As I can't have neither it will have to be the Saints !

Cannot stand WHU and all it stands for stinks to high heaven.
  • If West Ham go up, doesn't their parachute money get divided between the other Championship clubs? Bet we could use that money some way...
  • As I can't have neither it will have to be the Saints !

Cannot stand WHU and all it stands for stinks to high heaven.
    This
  • Would rather wet spam go up than that shite club down the coast

• Dont like Soton but prefer them to go up as all my family are West Ham and living in Southend there are loads of them round here. Plus would like a trip to Upton Park.
  • Saints it is!
  • Hope Coventry get a goal back just to make it slightly interesting for the neutral
  • Dont like Soton but prefer them to go up as all my family are West Ham and living in Southend there are loads of them round here. Plus would like a trip to Upton Park.
    Couldn't agree more. Imaging what the town will be like if West Ham go up. Doesn't bear thinking about.
  • As a club, I think we'd benefit from a lowly Hammers, as we did when we were in the Prem and they were in the Championship, plus the fact I've always hated them
    Couldn't agree more. Imaging what the town will be like if West Ham go up. Doesn't bear thinking about.
    Dont just got back from Town and seen a number of them bursting out of there shirts.