Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just a thought here....

There will be much to celebrate on May 5th and doubtless most will but over the last couple of weeks of celebration I have noticed a recurring theme of people remember friends and relatives who are not around to celebrate with us - the latest probably being Granpa yesterday.

It's been 12 years since we won anything and collectively we must have lost many friends over that period.

I think it would be very apt if a small moment could be found in the midst of all those celebrations to remember those friends and relatives. I'm not thinking of anything big; perhaps something as simple as individuals holding up photos of those loved ones so that they too can see the cup?

Just a thought....

Comments

• Options
    I think we dedicate one game a year already to fans that have passed away.
  • Options
    My Dad will be glancing around the big screen from his resting place in the CAFC memorial garden. Only been gone from us for 18 months or so but he is forever at the Valley. Nice thought though HugoZ
  • Options
    There will be much to celebrate on May 5th and doubtless most will but over the last couple of weeks of celebration I have noticed a recurring theme of people remember friends and relatives who are not around to celebrate with us - the latest probably being Granpa yesterday.

It's been 12 years since we won anything and collectively we must have lost many friends over that period.

I think it would be very apt if a small moment could be found in the midst of all those celebrations to remember those friends and relatives. I'm not thinking of anything big; perhaps something as simple as individuals holding up photos of those loved ones so that they too can see the cup?

Just a thought....
    And a very nice thought it is Hugo.

• Options
    SINGING THINGS THAT IRRITATE;
    1. A&J Block.You're not coming in, you ARE in.
    2."FISH"
    3.Singing people urging me to "Stand Up", "Sit Down".
    4.Starting a 'Song' in the wrong key & having to change when it comes to the 'high' bit.
    5.Telling fans who have travelled 400+ miles on a wet Tuesday night that their support is
    "F*****g S**t".
    (I feel better now!)
  • Options
    Wrong thread NWLA?
  • Options
    Totally agree with number 5, if you want to hurl insults email the buggers who did'nt turn up. Nothing but admiration for fans of clubs who come a long way to support their team. And consider a lot we have seen this season, have acheived nothing like we have in the last 30 years. We have been fortunate to be relatively successful.
  • Options
    I am confused at no 1
  • Options
    He means 'We Are the J/H block covered end' chant.

I'm still really confused as to why this is in here when Hugo was talking about remembering loved ones as we lift the trophy...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SINGING THINGS THAT IRRITATE;
    1. A&J Block.You're not coming in, you ARE in.
    2."FISH"
    3.Singing people urging me to "Stand Up", "Sit Down".
    4.Starting a 'Song' in the wrong key & having to change when it comes to the 'high' bit.
    5.Telling fans who have travelled 400+ miles on a wet Tuesday night that their support is
    "F*****g S**t".
    (I feel better now!)
    1 Covered End, not coming in. How thick are you ? I thought Cupboard End was bad, but coming in.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WTF has happened here? Poignant to total bollocks in just 5 posts - that must be some sort of record, surely?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2012
    lol - Not sure it is mate!