Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guardiola to leave Barcelona

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Should we be worried, they will be looking for a new manager :)

Comments

• Options
    Personally i think he should take a year away from the game, study the Premier League and then wait for the opportunity at United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs

He has basically changed the way football is played at Barcelona, therefore jumping straight into the Premier League, his ideas and systems may come unstuck.
  • Options
    If he jumps straight into Chelsea, then he has to get rid of the old guard there, otherwise he will be out like AVB.

I agree with ValleyGary, needs to suss the prem out first.

Arsenal should go all out to get him IMO.
  • Options
    Thought Cryuff etc espoused these footballing ways long before Pep came along? Hence why their youth system at La Maisa are churning out young players who are adept at "tika-taka" football...he has managed to apply this to the first team.

Other managers are implementing a "pure" football style but don't know many clubs that have that philosophy from top to bottom which is at Barcelona. Pep & others must surely need a decade for the philosophy to have a real impact in players coming through?
  • Options
    I've heard he is bookies favourites to go to Liverpool, personally I wouldn't mind that because I am really enjoying watching Di Matteo at Chelsea!
  • Options
    from Xavi to Spearing
  • Options
    next England manager?
  • Options
    next England manager?
    Surely he is not that stupid

• Options
    I think if he does come out like they think he will at the press conference and say he's taking a year out, he's genuine and will do.

After that, United or City depending on timing? Could be seeing Mourinho v Guardiola in the Premier League in a couple of years. And Powell!

Marcelo Bielsa in at Barca? Playing football the right way at Bilbao.
  • Options
    I've heard he is bookies favourites to go to Liverpool, personally I wouldn't mind that because I am really enjoying watching Di Matteo at Chelsea!
    Now watching Andy Carrol playing tippy tappy football? I'd pay money to watch such entertainment................
  • Options
    Tito Vilanova is the new coach, like I've been saying all along (ahem..)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You would have to be mental to swap Barcelona for Liverpool!
  • Options
    I can't help feeling that his job is not as satisfying as you'd expect.

Sure, he's built a great side (with a lot of help from the youth set up) but anything less than winning everything is seen as a failure. I suspect that he feels relief if he wins the title and the CL rather than excitement at winning either.

I know it's nicer to be winning everything, but he can have a proper fresh challenge somewhere else. He can test himself in terms of building a team fit for winning rather than managing one that is clearly 'the best club team ever'.

I don't know about you all, but when I play the FIFA game on the PS3 I never feel tempted to play as Barcelona and win everything in my first season. I'm much more inclined to a team that I can build up to success.

We also need to remember that he is probably so rich that he will never want to anything for as long as he lives.
  • Options
    A year off to put some distance between him leaving and joining another club (City would be my guess) - meaning he gets to keep the Barca fans onside and remain a hero.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    God help him if he comes to work in England. He'll be followed and hounded by the meedja 24/7 .. and remember, he has been at Barcelona off and on for years, he has known most of the players for most of his and their lives, he is part of a dynasty/hierarchy .. Things would be VERY different at any English club. I don't think he would be at all successful. Like good wine, good coaches/managers and ideas do not always travel.
  • Options
    I see Barca have gone for his assistant to keep the continuity, very much like the ways of Liverpool in their glory days, replacing Shankley with Paisley. With most of the players having come through their system, it would be massively disruptive to bring an outsider in, though it would be fascinating to see what Big Sam or Tony Pulis would do there.
  • Options
    I think he is doing the right thing by taking time out of the game. He can pretty much pick and choose which club he ends up at that way. I have a feeling that he will end up back at Barcelona though, possibly if the next manager doesn't live up to expectations.

Truly incredible what he has done there in the last few years. He has played a massive part in raising the benchmark of Football brilliance to a new level.