Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Financial Fair Play Rules Agreed By Championship Clubs

Comments

• Options
    All very well but this will mean that the championship clubs over time will fall further and further behind the premier clubs in investment and 'player purchase power' terms
  • Options
    6 mill is not the maximum size of the balance sheet it's how much you can increase the balance sheet by debt or equity.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I read it as the place the money is from is 90 mins flight from Dubai, not the UK
  • Options
    Our owners are somalian pirates?
  • Options
    nothing would surprise me !!
  • Options
    You could be right. Now Ha Ha Road is closed, Woolwich is about 90 minutes away.
  • Options
    I read it as the place the money is from is 90 mins flight from Dubai, not the UK
    To me the opposite
  • Options
    To me the opposite
    Could well be.

Where's Valley when we need clarification?

If it is from UK then Irish, Swiss, ???

• Options
    I don't normally get involved in speculation like this, given that I have no particular insight into any of these issues, but @valleymcmoist, I read your first post to mean an hour and a half from SE7...was that wrong, do you think?
  • Options
    90 mins in a Sopwith Camel or a Eurofighter ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how far is abu dhabi from dubai? an hour and a half drive?
  • Options
    To me the opposite
    Could well be.

Where's Valley when we need clarification?

If it is from UK then Irish, Swiss, ???

When I asked if the money was from Dubai he said 90 minutes flying time from there so 90 minutes from Dubai not the UK
  • Options
    Isn't the CAFC Holdings company registered in Switzerland?
  • Options
    Svalbard is more than 90 minutes' flight from the UK
  • Options
    depends on how hard you flap your arms
  • Options
    Sorry, wrong thread.....and I forgot to number it :-0
  • Options
    Yeah, in your face Rob62. ; - )

India it is then
  • Options
    90 mins from Dubai could be Kuwait or Karachi?
  • Options
    I don't care where they're from as long as they invest in our club properly.
    I don't want to see League one ever again.
  • Options
    To me the opposite
    Nah. Read it the same as Henry.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, in your face Rob62. ; - )

India it is then
    :(

• Options
    The way around it is the Man Citeh route , club sponsorship i.e Etihad and then the income is recorded in the right way

I personally wouldnt care about it, the Valley will always be the valley to me , even if it is called something else in the meantime,

i know it wont be popular but if its the way forward in progressing as a club then so be it,

i am sure that the club will be dilligant in the new name if thats what we do
  • Options
    Saints, Leicester and Reading the only 3 champ teams to vote against the rule changes. Pretty obvious why!
  • Options
    Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 17s
    Watch out, the lawyer of the 'Bosman rule' has appealed in Bruxelles against the Financial Fair Play
  • Options
    Surely it's a killer for any club like ours that spends £1-2m on an academy. Also makes level one status unachievable.
  • Options
    So all we need to do is persuade a company to part with say...100 million quid up front so we can be called the Carlsberg Valley for the next 25 years?
  • Options

Surely it's a killer for any club like ours that spends £1-2m on an academy. Also makes level one status unachievable.

Money spent on academies is ring fenced and doesn't count under the overall budget.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Do I read this right, no sanctions this season so clubs can still essentially do what they like for another year?

I also read somewhere the uefa were taking a tough stance on sponsorship that could in anyway be linked to ownership (not sure if that applies to championship clubs but don't see why not)