Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 new players announced

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/academydetail/0,,10267~2748574,00.html

School boys stepping up to the U18s

Good to see a few local boys as well as two Irish keepers, a kosovon and some north Londoners

Comments

• Options
    Yes, Henry, it's great to see a healthy number of local lads being taken on. Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, has already made an impact in the under 18s, squad this year. He has two years in the older age group.

I have one reservation: The eight lads signed, will now have limited football, due to the fact that we do not have a reserve team. Therefore, they will only get 'match' time in Development games-friendlies, the Kent Cup, that are few and far between, unless of course, they are sent out on loan.
  • Options
    Yes, Henry, it's great to see a healthy number of local lads being taken on. Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, has already made an impact in the under 18s, squad this year. He has two years in the older age group.

I have one reservation: The eight lads signed, will now have limited football, due to the fact that we do not have a reserve team. Therefore, they will only get 'match' time in Development games-friendlies, the Kent Cup, that are few and far between, unless of course, they are sent out on loan.
    But won't they play in U18 games every or most Saturday's? We nearly won the league this year. Pipped at the post by Leicester
  • Options
    I think he means the players that have turned pro and are now too old to play for the u18s.
  • Options
    I think he means the players that have turned pro and are now too old to play for the u18s.
    send them on loan?
  • Options
    Tareiq is in the year below me at my school.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I see Adeloye got a contract

might have got "shirty" if he didn't ;)
  • Options
    Keep an eye on Tomi, Ellis and Levander. And Tareiq of course likely has the attention already of any Charlton U18 enthusiast.
  • Options
    Harry Doherty, Cathal O'Hanlan, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Levander Pyke, Lamce Shehaj, Terrell Thomas, Greig Stewart, Ellis Brown, Tomi Adeloye, Darien Neavin

Whatever happened to people being called Keith, Kevin, Steve, Andy, Luke, Tom, Alex etc.?

Reading about each player in the programme, Lamce sounds like he is going to be a real beast in a couple of years time, maybe we have the next Nemanja Vidic on our hands?
  • Options
    Sam, I feel I may have in some way let my sons down by calling them Tom and Robert, but maybe in a few years time their names will be unusual?!
  • Options
    If we can hold onto Paul Hart, could the Busby Babes become the Hart Beaters ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there is talk of an 18 to 21 league for next season
  • Options
    Terry Thomas?

"you bounder!"
  • Options
    Terry Thomas?

"you bounder!"
    Ding Dong.....