Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fly Past

edited April 2012 in Not Sports Related
Was just sitting watching tele at home in charlton park lane when I heard the sound of a loud aircraft, this is not uncommon as alot of helicopters fly over low landing at the barracks, but this sounded different. When I opened the front door as It got louder it was a small passenger plane accompanied by two fighter jets flying low.

Just wondered if anybody new the reason for this.

Comments

• Heard them fly over my house on Plumstead Common, just caught sight of them as they vanished over towards Woolwich Common. No idea what they were for.
  • I think they are practicing for our 'Champions' victory parade against Hartlepool ..... either that or the Olympics.
  • Almost certainly something to do with the Olympics.
  • Two GR4's and a Sentinal. Testing Olympic security.
  • The Mysterons flying in for the last two games. FACT
  • Two GR4's and a Sentinal. Testing Olympic security.
    Well done smiffyboy you got a quicker response from BDL on this thread than you do on his own 'Questions' thread (smiley face).
  • Oops
  • Great job Saturday by the way BDL looking forward to what's in store for Hartlepools.
  • Sorry it was me on the way home thats how i role
  • Cheers Deaders, I cant say what's happening yet but it's something special!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2012
    He'll be wearing his Dinner Jacket.

• They are going to parachute the L1 trophy into the ground on Sat week.
  • They are going to parachute the L1 trophy into the ground on Sat week.
    dont trust Hamer to catch it then. he cant handle anything in the air.
  • Didn't anyone notice the plane that came over about a minute before, I noticed it out the window flying low over Dartford bridge, could have been an awax? Not sure if I spelt that right it's the one with the flat radar dish on top about half way round down the body, this was then followed by the 3 planes described above.
  • edited April 2012
    Didn't anyone notice the plane that came over about a minute before, I noticed it out the window flying low over Dartford bridge, could have been an awax? Not sure if I spelt that right it's the one with the flat radar dish on top about half way round down the body, this was then followed by the 3 planes described above.
    Awacs....possibly out of Waddington......... near Lincoln.

"Airborne warning and control system".

• Didn't anyone notice the plane that came over about a minute before, I noticed it out the window flying low over Dartford bridge, could have been an awax? Not sure if I spelt that right it's the one with the flat radar dish on top about half way round down the body, this was then followed by the 3 planes described above.

Saw this, and about 30 secs later saw the other three.
  • Cheers soundasa£, knew i spelt it wrong but it took me by surprise, not something you expect to see when your sitting peacefully in your front room, funny enough theres been no planes flying up the Thames since then.
  • Cheers soundasa£, knew i spelt it wrong but it took me by surprise, not something you expect to see when your sitting peacefully in your front room, funny enough theres been no planes flying up the Thames since then.
    Exercise has been stood down........... probably gone out that you're mentioning them on the web!

Exercise has been stood down........... probably gone out that you're mentioning them on the web!

Well serves them right for flying past my window and disturbing my peace (simley face thingy)

• Sponsored links:

• I just see a photo of this on my Facebook taken in Gravesend, it had the letters AWACS underneath the picture. Gold star SoundAs!

;-)
  • From train spotters to plane spotters in 5 minutes.
  • Cheers, I saw the planes over Kensington around 5:45
  • From train spotters to plane spotters in 5 minutes.
    Well we have gone up in the world recently.
  • The Mysterons flying in for the last two games. FACT
    The mysterious owners you mean?...
  • It was a practice run for parachuting the League 1 cup in to The Valley.
  • In todays metro

members of the royal navy assembled outside the houses of parliament yesterday for a flypast to honour British troops involved in last years Nato operation in Libya