Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Footballers fashion brands

Just watching Joleon Lescott launching his fashion brand. Don't these footballers earn enough already that they can actually concentrate on their job rather than fanny around playing at being Jeff Banks ?

Comments

• Options
    yep keep it in the bank or gamble/whore/drink/sniff it away

but don't think of trying to create jobs or an interest for after football

i mean the cheek of it

live and let live
  • Options
    I'm sure all he's actually done is put his name to it
  • Options
    In partnership with Jordan Stewart, who we've paid a weekly wage to design his clothing range.
  • Options
    Djibril Cisse has his own line being launched with musician Mr Mitchell. The clothes look horrific!
  • Options
    lol you gotta laugh.

a footballer using his own money to start up a business. I mean, what a f*****g liberty!!!

get a grip ffs. good luck to him.
  • Options
    Something i can imagine Lloyd Sam doing.
  • Options
    yep keep it in the bank or gamble/whore/drink/sniff it away
    but don't think of trying to create jobs or an interest for after football

i mean the cheek of it

live and let live
    That’s what I'd do but I would only to it so I could make a living after I retired bringing out books and having them serialised in the sun.
  • Options
    Something i can imagine Lloyd Sam doing.
    Haha funny you should say that! Pretty sure he owns, or is at least involved with this...http://www.linxsdzine.com/
  • Options
    Chris Bart Williams was doing this sort of thing 10 years ago when he was with us.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/bart-fashions-a-new-career-6318081.html
  • Options
    Chris Bart Williams was doing this sort of thing 10 years ago when he was with us.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/bart-fashions-a-new-career-6318081.html
    my sister was his assistant at the time. said he was a right numpty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In partnership with Jordan Stewart, who we've paid a weekly wage to design his clothing range.
    It's good to see he did something useful whilst off injured

• Options
    Why would anyone have a problem with this?

Imagine AFKA's employers banning him from engaging in work outside of his main employment.
  • Options
    Joleon Lescott???

Hardly famous as a style icon, indeed he's hardly that famous full stop (in the positive sense that I don't recall too mnay stories about his private life etc)
  • Options
    Jolean Lescott is famous.

When you think about how much spare time footballers have to themselves, I think its a good idea.

Emmanuel Frimpong and all this 'dench' rubbish can do one though.
  • Options
    i just hope his hairline doesnt become fashionable
  • Options
    Anyone whose seen Djibril's dress sense would know he'll have a lot of success selling in big tops. Really...... from barry Venison when do you see any footballers look like they have a bit of sartorial class.
  • Options
    Says me in my nice bright warm orange fleece.... tapping away.
  • Options
    http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1491634_new-kit-manchester-city-star-joleon-lescott-launches-clothing-range
    Joleon, Aaron and Jordan have worked with designers from Gucci, Alexander McQueen, John Richmond, and Religion to create the brand which they say conveys British style, quality, sophistication, with a playful twist.
    That sounds like the level of input Apprentice candidates have in their 'inventions'!
  • Options
    Im sure Kyel Reid is doing the same thing as well
  • Options
    Gordon Banks had his own fashion range.

MOG modelled some of his casual gear on live TV.

True.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so no one would be bothered if we were paying someone so much money that they needn't worry about working again for the rest of their life but they weren't putting all their concentration into their footballing carreer?

Ok then fair enough
  • Options
    Tevez has one doesn't he? Always in t shirts with his own name or face on.

Just another reason he's unlikeable.
  • Options
    just so long as Joleon is not opening a men' hairsylist with the emphasis on copying the noble Joleon exposed forehead look .. and while I am having a go .. Beckham D was using his position as England Team Captain to flog his old rubbish for years .. shame on him .. and if he makes the Olympic Games eleven it will prove that there is life after career death .. it's about time he retired if not gracefully, then @ least quietly
  • Options
    i just hope his hairline doesnt become fashionable
    sorry .. spotted this AFTER my tirade !!!
  • Options
    just so long as Joleon is not opening a men' hairsylist with the emphasis on copying the noble Joleon exposed forehead look .. and while I am having a go .. Beckham D was using his position as England Team Captain to flog his old rubbish for years .. shame on him .. and if he makes the Olympic Games eleven it will prove that there is life after career death .. it's about time he retired if not gracefully, then @ least quietly
    The guy is playing for LA Galaxy, who are now a worldwide name in the footballing world. Not exactly dropping down the leagues into obscurity. The guy loves playing Football and wants to carry on as long as his body can take it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The guy is playing for LA Galaxy, who are now a worldwide name in the footballing world. Not exactly dropping down the leagues into obscurity. The guy loves playing Football and wants to carry on as long as his body can take it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Good luck to him.
    Old LAG might well be a worldwide name .. so is Mickey Mouse
  • Options
    With Ooh Aah on this.

So he doesn't live football 24\7. Might be a good thing. Gives him something else to do to relex de-stress after games.

Sure our players have hobbies. Arent Jackson and Dailly into.Indie music.

No one is forcing anyone to buy his stuff although it does make sense of something someone at the club told. Said new kit was being designed by a current player.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping Martin O'Neill doesn't join in. I'm not a fan of that "trousers tucked in socks" look.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just a bit mad to expect someone thats paid around £100,000 every week to concentrate on that particular career .

Plenty of time for all the other things in the 40 years or so once they stop playing
  • Options
    Can't believe he's not launched a double denim range.