Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Player and iPad/iPhone

Has anyone had any success getting any functionality from CAFC Player on an iPad or an iPhone?

I'm tempted to subscribe if I can access match commentary on my iPhone, and/or any of the video footage on my iPad.

Comments

• No joy. Think it uses flash
  • it wont work on apple products as it requires flash but you can download the 'official football league' app for free and you get all the teams latest news but im afraid if you want to watch match highlights you have to pay for a subscription on the app itself
  • there is an app called photon - that plays it - when yo uare on the site tap the small lightening bolt in the corner and it streams the video! it is the only one i can find.
  • My laptop is screwed I fell up the stairs with it and it now has a smashed screen so I set it up with a monitor and basically turned a laptop into a desktop ... With the IPad I use Ustream and then listen to the commentary in bed on my IPad ... If that's any help
  • there is an app called photon - that plays it - when yo uare on the site tap the small lightening bolt in the corner and it streams the video! it is the only one i can find.
    Does this play audio commentary or videos or both? Also there is a different app for iPhone and iPad, do they both work the same do you know?
  • My laptop is screwed I fell up the stairs with it and it now has a smashed screen so I set it up with a monitor and basically turned a laptop into a desktop ... With the IPad I use Ustream and then listen to the commentary in bed on my IPad ... If that's any help
    Does this stream CAFC Player or just radio stations?
  • It will stream any audio on your pc and you can just log into that stream from any device....
  • Cool. So I have the commentary on the PC and stream it to my iPhone?
  • photon basically opens the webpage on a remote computer then streams EVERYTHING to your device, so you can hear the match watch the vids etc...
  • This photon sounds good .... Any loss in quality?

In answer to kingy ... Yes...
  • Sponsored links:

• the quality isnt like if you played a vid on the ipad - but is still watchable! my device is jailbroken so the app is free lol
  • edited April 2012
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/photon-flash-web-browser-app/id430200224?mt=8

When you encounter a Flash website, REMEMBER TO CLICK ON the "Lightning Bolt" button to enter streaming mode. Otherwise, you will see the standard Adobe message that Flash needs to be installed or upgraded as you are still in the native browser mode. Only by explicitly clicking on the "Lightning" button will you then be able to view Flash content.
  • Just looked up photon on app store 5 AUD looks good ... Prob gonna go for that...
  • Just looked up photon on app store 5 AUD looks good ... Prob gonna go for that...
    i listened to the oldham game for the full 90 mins with it - worked like a dream, and it was on Edge - not even 3G or WIFI
  • Is that "Photon Flash Player Web Browser"?
  • edited April 2012
    Got it cracking App cheers!
  • it wont work on apple products as it requires flash
    That's funny it works on my Mac ;-) (oh and on my iPad too!)

• it wont work on apple products as it requires flash
    That's funny it works on my Mac ;-) (oh and on my iPad too!)

oh ok my bad doesnt work on my ipad or iphone so i assumed it was the same for all apple products

• @cafcteckers ha, don't worry, I'm just a fully fledged apple geek.
  • @cafcteckers ha, don't worry, I'm just a fully fledged apple geek.
    So what can you get to work on your iPad BDL?

• Sponsored links:

• Just about anything I need, like this site.
  • Just about anything I need, like this site.
    Can you access the videos and/or match commentary from CAFC Player on the iPad, If so do you use a specific app?
  • Photon flash thingy works a treat all content is accesible for £2.99
  • The app that Dazzler has recommended works for me as well.
  • On iPad Is this still the case?
  • On iPad Is this still the case?

Player still uses flash so you need an app to access player on an apple device.