Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans banned Gillingham v Swindon....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17678341

If i was a Gills fan i would be fuming!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I can see this happening a lot in the future, was on the news yesterday how Police want to start charging clubs more.
  • Options
    I can see this happening a lot in the future, was on the news yesterday how Police want to start charging clubs more.

And (i think) they had a story on late kick off about it, seems to becoming a real issue.
  • Options
    The cops can pretty much set their own match day staffing levels / policing costs - so you can see why this has happened.

• Options
    "Councillor Mike O'Brien, from Medway Council, said that Kent Police had "serious concerns about public order at the ground".

He explained: "We have done this following advice from Kent Police that they have specific intelligence concerning the match and its fans. "The risk is so serious for fans that, until steps have been taken to reduce it to a reasonable level through agreeing adequate policing levels, spectators will be prohibited from attending the match."

Whats that all about then, they dont have a violent history between them do they?

• Options
    "Councillor Mike O'Brien, from Medway Council, said that Kent Police had "serious concerns about public order at the ground".

He explained: "We have done this following advice from Kent Police that they have specific intelligence concerning the match and its fans. "The risk is so serious for fans that, until steps have been taken to reduce it to a reasonable level through agreeing adequate policing levels, spectators will be prohibited from attending the match."

Whats that all about then, they dont have a violent history between them do they?

Always been quite heated matches between the two, think it goes back to the 70's, there was a brawl after a match since then on there has been stuff going on. Didn't help that Swindon beat them in playoffs a few years after.
  • Options
    Oh never knew that, thanks for the insight.

I though they might be protecting the fans from Di Canio :-)
  • Options
    nothing but dirty gypos , pykies , knackers....
  • Options
    Not helped by the idea that Swindon will get promoted that day
  • Options
    Not helped by the idea that Swindon will get promoted that day
    That makes even more sense then, there will be a lot of Swindon coming down
  • Options
    Game of Poker which Scally will lose.

He'll agree to pay the police bill rather than lose out on one of the biggest gates of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won't most Gillingham fans be on the Valley Express that day to watch us get promotion? :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    if he holds out the public preassure on the police might swing it though.
  • Options
    Won't most Gillingham fans be on the Valley Express that day to watch us get promotion? :)
    Fantastic post....LOL!!!!!

• Options
    Fantastic post....LOL!!!!!

lol ... perfect
  • Options
    That's the hand he's playing but I think the police hold all the aces.

• Options
    Nice display of racism there Mr Beard.
  • Options
    That's the hand he's playing but I think the police hold all the aces.

I'm fairly sure he tried doing the same thing last year and gave in in the end.
  • Options
    One of the few games Gills would turn out for in that league.

Could be wrong but looks like Gillingham are refusing to play an early KO...
  • Options
    Love it. Since when did stereotyping people who have no legitimate way of earning a living become 'racism'? I've never understood this accusation levelled at people who have no love for the 'travellers' way of life. Last I looked, a race wasn't defined by whether or not people paid income tax. And before anyone starts giving it about it being a thinly veiled attack on the irish, I'd remind you that the vast majority of the Irish hate tinkers as much as anyone else who has anything to do with them. You might as well label anyone who refers to lower-class unemployed Englishmen as 'chavs' as a racist.

There should be a concerted effort to reclaim the word 'pikey' from racists and bigots. It's origins go way back to well before the 'Irish traveller' became a staple of outrage of the Daily Mail brigade. Even the term 'Gippo' is a bastardisation of 'Gypsy' - which now means something completely different from it's origins as a reference to those of Romany extraction.
  • Options
    Oh Jeeeez....how tiresome iainment!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    so if i was to say most muggers are black and knife crime is generally a black issue thats ok surely leroy?
  • Options
    I'll fight you for your shoes, boy ?
  • Options
    so if i was to say most muggers are black and knife crime is generally a black issue thats ok surely leroy?
    Not sure what you're saying nolly? I'm not suggesting that 'most thieves are Irish'. I'm also not even saying that 'most thieves are pikeys'.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If it was true then why wouldn't it be ok.
  • Options
    no i have seen your past post on gypsies leroy and i agree on some of the sterotypes they have but for some reason its ok to cast them down but if i was to say what said in my last post it would not be acceptable even though based on clear clear truth
  • Options
    its understandable, afterall gillingham vs swindon is a massive rivalry...... wait a minute?!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    anyway bloody gillingham hey
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have a 'Book of Knowledge' dating from the late 1930s, it's basically a poor man's Encyclopaedia Britainica (spelling, I need a Dictionary !!). The entry for 'Gypsy' begins .. A member of an untrustworthy group of people who live a hand to mouth existence across much of Europe and Asia Minor.... I'd better burn the book before the thought police find out that I have it propping up a bedside lamp and come to take me away ... haha
  • Options
    its understandable, afterall gillingham vs swindon is a massive rivalry...... wait a minute?!
    Have a read through the whole thread, I did make a comment as to why
  • Options
    no worrys on how you think lincs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!