Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team looked jaded

With such a strong squad, should we really be worrying so much about this? Just look at the fresh players itching to get back in the team. Waggy after a weeks rest, Paul Hayes, Haynes, Danny Green, Cook, Hughes, Taylor. Add to them players like Pritchard and Jackson, out for a long time but who should be more match fit come Saturday. Dany N'Guessan who hasn't played much football this season and seems to be getting better with every game. We have so many options to inject freshness and energy back into the team, probably more so than our rivals.

Comments

• So would you if you had played less then 48 hours before with 10 men, and then 9, on a pudding of a pitch and came across a side with a bit of confidence.

Makes the win more impressive
  • Dave Jones said tiredness was a big problem for his Massives in the dressing room after their Oldham game.

We have the squad, and the points in the bag. They don't.
  • Walsall are one of the current 'form teams' in the division......they played some good stuff and in all honesty we couldn't have complained if they had nicked a point.
    We must remember that Kermit is one hell of an engine re driving the team forward and he was clearly running on only 75% power following his injuries....to arm and leg.
    Add to that Jacko also being at 75% for the last half hour or so and it's not all that surprising we dropped off the pace a little in the second half.
  • Surely that's the point. We have a good squad so why risk players who are operating at 75%?
  • Surely that's the point. We have a good squad so why risk players who are operating at 75%?
    Yeah maybe. I did think that Pritchard looked quite poor though and he's not played lately. The game was crying out for Jackson inside with cook out wide but he never made the change and they were all over us. Or maybe Hughes for pritchard to help destroy things.
  • Dave Jones said tiredness was a big problem for his Massives in the dressing room after their Oldham game.

We have the squad, and the points in the bag. They don't.
    What do you mean they don't ????? I read in the super soaraway Sun in last weeks match report that the wendies have the best team & the best squad in the division. "Forget about Charlton & Sheff U don't even come into it" & this was one of their players !!!! A bit of kidology or are their players as deluded as the supporters?

Yeah maybe. I did think that Pritchard looked quite poor though and he's not played lately. The game was crying out for Jackson inside with cook out wide but he never made the change and they were all over us. Or maybe Hughes for pritchard to help destroy things.
    I can't understand why CP doesn't use Hughes to kill the game on 70/80 mins if we are in front. He was doing it earlier in the season - but the Walsall game was crying out for a "stopper" type central midfielder towards the end.
  • edited April 2012
    Surely that's the point. We have a good squad so why risk players who are operating at 75%?
    I can't understand why CP doesn't use Hughes to kill the game on 70/80 mins if we are in front. He was doing it earlier in the season - but the Walsall game was crying out for a "stopper" type central midfielder towards the end.
    Saturday was the first time in ages that Hughes has been in the squad and SCP (in whom we trust) just doesn't favour him. With the end result a 1-0 win, his decision not to bring him on was vindicated was it not?
    Saturday was the first time in ages that Hughes has been in the squad and SCP (in whom we trust) just doesn't favour him. With the end result a 1-0 win, his decision not to bring him on was vindicated was it not?
    You say that, but there are games where a team simply gets lucky. If Walsall had stretched when Hamer only just got there on that cross, it's 1-1.
  • edited April 2012
    If my aunt had balls Danny she would have been my uncle, end of, sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• i don’t really think hughes would of made a difference. we needed to keep the ball and attack more, like the first half. stephens would of been the one for me to bring off as he is meant to be that attacking player in the middle and in the second half he was average. we didn’t have anyone to bring on from the bench who can play like that so in the end powell just left it.
  • Worse than jaded
  • Dead on their feet!
  • They don't look jaded. They look as though they, like us, are thoroughly bemused and pissed off at the current circus. Those of them that actually give a f@@k that is.