Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dalglish

Comments

• Options
    NugNug
    edited April 2012
    He'll go by "mutual consent" but in effect will be sacked. I just read a book called "Moneyball" about a skint baseball team The Oakland A's who broke records and almost won the world series with by far the lowest wage bill in pro baseball. At the end of one successful season they lost their 3 best players, signed a bunch of perceived no-hopers and then proceeded to do even better. They made finding undervalued players an art form.

John Henry, the Liverpool owner, when he bought the Red Sox tried to tempt the guy from the A's behind this to run his club. He turned them down but Henry still went this route and delivered 2 world series in 8 years I think, to a club that hadn't won for donkeys years and are arguably the biggest team behind the Yankees. I think getting value for money is quite important to these guys.

I know football isn't quite based around the statistical influence that baseball is but if ever there was a team that purchased completely overvalued players it has been Liverpool this year. You could say Newcastle have done the best business with performances they have got with a much less outlay than Liverpool. Norwich and Swansea are obvious successes also.
  • Options
    Cisse and Ba were available, and Liverpool went for Carroll. Cabaye over Henderson anyday as well.

Doglesh was out of the game for too long, and its showing now.
  • Options
    Can't stand the man, such a bad loser and his antics this season have been disgraceful can't wait to see him get sacked. Just hope sky don't hire him.
    this

• Options
    Don't think Sky would, subtitles don't work well in 3D!
  • Options
    As much as I don't like the man himself, the way he conducted himself with the Suarez situation, his behaviour in front of the cameras and his practically inept tactical decisions have not done anything to improve my opinion of him. However with regards to the signings, I think the majority of that blame has to be placed on Damien Commoli, this guy is supposed to find the best players available and get the best deal possible.

While I'm sure Dalglish would have had a say in the style he wants to play those purchased have simply not been good enough/not the right type of players and that has to come down to Commoli. The whole club needs to be gutted from the inside, relics of their reasonably succesful past need to be shipped out (Gerrard, Carragher) and a whole new set up needs to be put in place but after what has already been spent will John Henry want to do that when a quick fix would just be to get rid of KD?
  • Options
    Liverpool are in dire straights this season, you look at the squad they have and the money they spent you wonder how it all came about. Podolski is costing Arsenal just 11million, Parker cost just 5million, Bent went for 18million, and all three together are cheaper than Carroll. Henderson is pony, Downing has his moments but is never going to be a world beater, and half of the rest simply aren't good enough.

I think they need a new right wing, a proper goalscorer upfront and a couple of central midfielders, one to replace Gerrard, the other to play instead of Henderson, Spearing etc.

The defence looks ok if they are all fit, but Johnson and especially Agger seem to be constantly injured. That papadopolos from Schalke would do wonders for them, but would he want to play for a team that will probably finish 9th or 10th in the league?
  • Options
    Thanks for ruining my lunch, S.A! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for ruining my lunch, S.A! ;)
    Well apparently that is the face of a 'King'...hahaha.
  • Options
    Just what I was going to post - I'm pretty sure Comolli would have had a big hand in all Liverpool's recent signings. I don't know if Kenny truly is out of touch tactically, but that squad is top 6 at best. The very best, maybe Mourinho, could eke out a little more p'raps.

Kenny could probably get away with it if he knew how to conduct himself. But he clearly doesn't. It's cringe-inducing to watch him on TV.

Although he once made a very good point - "None of this was an issue before 24 hour news channels" - the problem is, this IS a time of news channels, so you gotta deal with it. Or go back upstairs. You have to be winning titles to treat the media with such disdain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But what about the fantastic kit deal?
  • Options
    One positive for Dalglish: He is, and always will be, the only manager to have won the old 1st Div and the Premier league.
  • Options
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/ferguson-removes-dalglish-mask-201204025082/

Ferguson removes Dalglish mask
    02-04-12

ALEX Ferguson has confessed that he has been managing Liverpool for the last 15 months.

After Liverpool’s defeat to Newcastle dropped them below an Everton team that cost less than one of Stewart Downing's ineffective limbs, the cunningly-disguised Manchester United manager realised that he may have taken things too far.

Ferguson said: “I knew everyone with a Scottish accent sounded the same to youse lot, but I credited you with more sense than thinking Kenny would honestly let Jonjo Shelvey near a football for any other reason than selling one in the club shop.

“There have been times when it’s been difficult to keep an extremely sour-­looking straight face and I had to keep nipping to the toilets for a giggle during most of our transfer negotiations.”

The deception was revealed after latex-masked Ferguson felt that his aim of mid­table awfulness had been achieved, but some have questioned his logic of steering Liverpool to a League Cup this season.

Ferguson said: “The only way people know that you’re aiming for mediocrity is if you hit it, and a penalties win against Cardiff City in a competition even Sunderland rest players for is the very definition of footballing ‘meh’.”

Liverpool will appoint head coach Steve Clarke as caretaker manager once he has provided some ID proving he isn’t Gary Neville in disguise. The board also claims to have secured the services of Pep Guardiola for next season.

Wearing a hooded top and large sunglasses, Guardiola told reporters: “Aye, it’s proper banging I’m managing the bin dippers next season, I’m mad for it, me, our kid.”
  • Options
    Just heard his interview "Last week Luis Suarez turned one in with his chest and got a free kick given against him and a booking!" - he said of Suarez's pathetic attempt to cheat.

Later...

"I think you need to go to Vision Express if you didn't (see the Newcastle) handball."

What an a55hole!
  • Options
    Is that supposed to be amusing?
  • Options
    Getting back to topic I understand Jonjo Shelvey started yesterday.

How did he do?
  • Options

How did he do?
    Average imo Len 6/10 got subbed in the second half.
  • Options

How did he do?
    That's off topic Len - this thread is about Dalglish!

• Options
    One positive for Dalglish: He is, and always will be, the only manager to have won the old 1st Div and the Premier league.

Wow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How did he do?

Doh!

I meant to click on the Shelvey thread!

Thanks for answering anyway Deadred.
  • Options
    Can only imagine what the fans would have said if Hodgson had bought

Carroll 35m
    Downing 20m
    Henderson 20m
  • Options
    Points total is closer to relegation than to Champions League.
  • Options
    Can only imagine what the fans would have said if Hodgson had bought

Carroll 35m
    Downing 20m
    Henderson 20m
    Any one of those is bad enough but all three? The writing really should have been on the wall by that stage.

• Options
    The 'king' is dead........ciao!
  • Options

How did he do?

Doh!

I meant to click on the Shelvey thread!

Thanks for answering anyway Deadred.
    Ha ha - no worries Len!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Guilty m'lud by association!
  • Options
    One sympathy I have with him is that twat who interviews for Sky,I would have knocked him in to the middle of next week with the stupid questions he asks and his whole attitude.I hate that bloke!
  • Options
    Anyone else would have been sacked long ago. Post match interviews are always a laugh though.
  • Options
    King Kenny is now Sir Kenny,

Knighted in The Queens birthday honours