Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hayes

2»

Comments

• Options
    For me, there is no question he played a vital part in a successful CAFC team.
    I recall a late goal (header?) that got us a deserved point (points).
  • Options
    In that statement he talks about wanting to continue as a player, so not sure how that would fit in with his youth coaching responsibilities?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I thought he was good for us in the few number of games he played at the start of the 11/12 season. I think we would've been in the hunt for promotion with him in the team, but not sure we would've romped it like we did with Yann

Yep, sides slowly learnt early on that Hayes was a big part of bwp's supply, cut him out and the game plan was broken. Yann came in and absolutely steamrolled anyone who got in his way..
  • Options
    Did yann score with his first touch for us? Came on as a sub and scored with a header from a corner?
  • Options

Did yann score with his first touch for us? Came on as a sub and scored with a header from a corner?

Sheff Utd away
  • Options

No, he played before that at MK Dons
  • Options

Didn't he sort of score in that game? Header hit the post, then the keeper or something.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Talal said:

Didn't he sort of score in that game? Header hit the post, then the keeper or something.
    Yes, as far as I can remember, we were pretty awful first half but think it was Green (for Waggy sorry Henners :wink: ) and Yann (for Hayes) as subs changed the game and got us a point.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Talal said:

As far as I can remember we were pretty awful first half but think it was Green (for Waggy sorry Henners :wink: ) and Yann (for Hayes) as subs changed the game and got us a point.
    Green sold a great dummy for that goal. He did do some good stuff between trying to score direct from corners and never tracking back
  • Options
    Hayes will be an asset - a highly skilled player with all of the basics in place -first touch / look up etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hayes will be an asset - a highly skilled player with all of the basics in place -first touch / look up etc etc

Agree. Hayes would be fine as cover up front as well as a coaching role.

• Options
    There is no evidence he is part of the Charlton set up, YET.

WIOTOS...
  • Options

Yann's debut was against Chesterfield. He came on with about 10 minutes to go and played some ludicrous reverse pass through ball to Wagstaff who crossed for BWP to score. That actually stands out as one of my clearest memories of Yann in his time with us. It was such an incredible pass out of nowhere and it was just so many levels above the kind of stuff we were expecting to see that season in League 1. I remember turning to my dad and being genuinely concerned that we might have a brilliant player on our hands. Considering all I knew about Yann at that point was he missed a penalty once, could do headers and isn't allowed back into Leicester I was amazed he had that in his locker
  • Options

Noticed on his twitter that he thanked WWFC and he listed CAFC youth coach on his headline thing. Anyone else heard anything or is it Crewe haha.

Carshalton Athletic
  • Options

Noticed on his twitter that he thanked WWFC and he listed CAFC youth coach on his headline thing. Anyone else heard anything or is it Crewe haha.

Carshalton Athletic
    says @cafcofficial on his twitter
  • Options

Carshalton Athletic
    says @cafcofficial on his twitter
    Sorry, I missed the question mark at the end. Thanks Henry.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Talal said:

As far as I can remember we were pretty awful first half but think it was Green (for Waggy sorry Henners :wink: ) and Yann (for Hayes) as subs changed the game and got us a point.
    Green sold a great dummy for that goal. He did do some good stuff between trying to score direct from corners and never tracking back
    Excellent house as well.....
  • Options
    Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Talal said:

Can't ignore the house
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Talal said:

Up there as one of the funniest threads in recent times with a comment by Valley Storm 200 http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/46031/danny-green/p1 apart from Viewfinder accusing Valley Gary of a few crazy things not least of all coaching a kids team from Dartford. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2207264#Comment_2207264 :joy: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a tease! Has he been/will he be working for our academy, as per his Twitter description?
  • Options
    He did his bit to get us out of poxy L1 last time. Hope he joins our staff and does the same.
  • Options
    He coaches the under 9s
  • Options

thought Sheff Utd was on the Saturday, came running on, jogged into the box, scored from the corner. MKD was the following Tuesday I think and again he came on and scored. Might have been the reverse though, stand to be corrected. Was at both games though.

• Options

thought Sheff Utd was on the Saturday, came running on, jogged into the box, scored from the corner. MKD was the following Tuesday I think and again he came on and scored. Might have been the reverse though, stand to be corrected. Was at both games though.

Other way round... Spot on with the Sheffield Utd goal though
  • Options
    Shag said:

He coaches the under 9s

How can someone who's been playing for Wycombe coach our under 9s?

Or did he just do a bit of coaching with us in the month between Wycombe and Newport?
  • Options
    Think that must've been it then , mate of mine whose son plays for the under 9s told me Hayes was coaching them . His son plays for the U9s too