Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket postage

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Isn't it about time the club gave us a reply envelope that can easily accept the items being posted back to them?

They send out a D/L envelope where everything has to be folded to get it into the envelope, even the reply postcard doesn't fit!

I know it's all about cost, but surely it can't make that much difference to include a C5 reply envelope. I have to do three season tickets and the envelope is fit to burst!

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell was supposed to be delivering mine. I was initially expecting him to deliver it before the end of March, but it looks like I'll have to wait til mid-April. I also heard a rumour that I might actually have to go all the way to Carlisle to collect it myself.
  • Options
    Unless you're doing Zebra Finance, I don't understand why you wouldn't do this over the phone.

It literally takes a minute.
  • Options
    Have a word about the envelopes when you see him please Mr. Largo!
  • Options
    how about using a larger envelope of your own you cheapskate ;-)
  • Options
    Unless you're doing Zebra Finance, I don't understand why you wouldn't do this over the phone.

Yep much easier.
  • Options
    I'm just a poor council worker Large, no wage increase for three years! Can only just about afford the stamp!
  • Options
    I'm just a poor council worker Large, no wage increase for three years! Can only just about afford the stamp!
    Make sure that you post it before the end of April as nobody will be able to afford stamps after that date.

• Options

Yep much easier.

I'm sure you are both right, I've just done it this way for years, it also gives the opportunity to correct any personal information that the club holds. Two of the three applications had wrong info on them.

I'll defo do it by phone next year when applying for my Premier League season ticket!
  • Options
    Make sure that you post it before the end of April as nobody will be able to afford stamps after that date.

Very true '65 the wife told me 60p 1st and 50p 2nd is that right?

I do a large mail out once a year for my promotions company, might have to be a bit more choosy next year.
  • Options

this....it's so simple, just give your CON number and then payment details

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Handed mine in at a home match - not even the cost of a tel call - and I know it got there!
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm whether there is a credit card charge?

If there isn't I'll do it today, if not I'll wait until tomorrow.
  • Options

I do a large mail out once a year for my promotions company, might have to be a bit more choosy next year.
    Correct. Panic buy and buy loads of stamps!
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm whether there is a credit card charge?

If there isn't I'll do it today, if not I'll wait until tomorrow.
    There is, £5
  • Options
    but debit cards are free
  • Options
    Bigger envelope = larger costs
    Do you think they'll accept this cost of pass it on?
    Why should I pay more because you didn't do your ST early enough to take it with you to a game and hand it is if you cant use a phone to renew?
  • Options
    Bigger envelope = larger costs
    Do you think they'll accept this cost of pass it on?
    Why should I pay more because you didn't do your ST early enough to take it with you to a game and hand it is if you cant use a phone to renew?
    Jeez, get a life mate. The difference between a printed D/L or a C5 would probably be 2/3p maximum. I am posting my season ticket renewal within the allocated time. You may choose to hand yours in or make a phone call, that's your preogative, I have chosen for years to use the post which is mine. It was just a general observation, no need for all this 'why should I pay more' malarkey, no one's asking you to!
  • Options
    You start a thread about the size of envelopes but I need to get a life?
  • Options
    You start a thread about the size of envelopes but I need to get a life?
    Yep!
  • Options
    Just renewed 3 season tickets by phone and took 4 minutes! Easy as pie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how much is a premium line per minute? :-s
  • Options

Correct. Panic buy and buy loads of stamps!
    If you buy enough it's investing, not panic buying :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Suzisausage, 10p a minute - cheaper than a stamp!
  • Options
    I can't really afford the £240 upfront.

Whats is everyones view on Zebra Finance, I haven't really used credit companies before. Is there a better way to do it?
  • Options
    Suzisausage, 10p a minute - cheaper than a stamp!
    bargain.

• Options
    I can't really afford the £240 upfront.

Whats is everyones view on Zebra Finance, I haven't really used credit companies before. Is there a better way to do it?
    2 options
    1> do zebra finance and pay additional cost
    2> get a credit card with no interest to pay for however long (some say a year) and buy it on that with the £5 charge.

i don't know what would work out cheaper, but both would allow you to pay monthly and not in one hit.
  • Options
    Whats is everyones view on Zebra Finance
    Make sure you read the small print, its not as black & white as it seems. :-)
  • Options
    We'd better go up!

Signed my life away for another year. Got told I'd have to pay the credit card charge. Don't like it much but can't complain as they've been transparent about it unlike that licensed thieving leprechaun who runs an airline. Took about 5 minutes on the phone including waiting in the queue.