Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home weight training

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just gone oout on my lunch and bought some creatine : )
  • Options
    Im gonna start putting creatine on everything.

I've not been to the gym in about 3 months though, i wonder what will happen.....
  • Options
    Good man Mole88 i would say by the game Sat you will see changes
  • Options
    I can't believe no-ones posted the Jodie Marsh picture yet.

My only input - why do you think the gym didn't work that will be different at home?
  • Options
    Get an all in one powder, protein, creatine etc. Maximuscle Cyclone is good but expensive though. Some premier Leaque clubs use this one. Save's dividing up the chemicals anyway. I use it regularly to boost energy levels when I go to the gym as I suffer with fatigue being in my 40s. If you want to put on weight, as people have said on here, you need to eat a lot. Chicken and fish is a good protein and nuts.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    oops.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

• Options
    Anyone used that DroidFit app on the Android? Loads of exercies on there, animations for technique etc..looks pretty good but I ain't no expert! Certainly gives some variety though as I stick to some pretty basic routines!
  • Options
    What is it?
  • Options
    I've never seen any genuine research that hasn't been commissioned by the supplement companies to suggest that protein supplements will work for you any better than the protein that you can get from real food like chicken, turkey and fish. .

It's just more convenient though to get the amount of protein spread through the day rather than having to buy/prepare everything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is it?
    It's basically an application on Android smartphones (& iphone, called JeFit) that has hundreds of different weight & cardio routines for different areas of the body. It describes how best to do them, which muscles it works and an animation showing you the right technique.

You can programme in weight training sessions by days etc etc.

Just found a link
    http://www.jefit.com/

• Options
    Norateen Heavy weight and as much as you can eat and plenty of weights!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    To be honest i think that gym workouts are much better if your looking to bulk up because its better for motivation and you meet like minded people wo are willing to share their knowledge but it can be done at home if you want.

Commitment is the key. Like you I am naturally skinny and have found it hard to put on lean muscle. Its getting there and i have noticed big differences after 5 months training 4-5 times a weekset yourself realistic goals to reach every month and get a decent programme. As for supplements i get mine off of www.myprotein.com , they are well priced and their products are much better than you get off of the high street. Just bought 2.5kg impact protein and 1kg of creatine for £35 from them. As for protein try and get 2 grams for every kilo of your body weight per day.
  • Options
    Compound exercises such as dead lifts and squats are really important if you want to bulk up. These exercises release the most testosterone and growth hormones.

For most exercises 5 sets of 5 reps is best for size, strength and overall muscle building. If the 5th rep is too easy go heavier until you find your right weight and try and increase it every week or two.

Also make sure you have plenty of rest in between sessions, muscle grows when you recover, not during the exercise. 3 or 4 times a week is loads.
  • Options
    plenty of good protein, split meals into 6 small portions - start with full bodies 3 days a week - rest is the key - when you fail go 2 extra reps
  • Options
    Folder's right about the small meals.

I'm naturally of a small build and have been training for about 5 months pretty much everyday and have noticed massive gains.

Try and get 20-30 grams of protein in you every 2-3 hours. Natural protein such as chicken and fish is the best but protein shakes are decent. Try beef jerky for a snack too, very low in fat and high in protein.

I'm an accountant so working in an office provides decent routine. Try porridge or a smoothie (with a scoop of protein for breakfast). Anything from yoghurt (Greek stuff, fat free), ready cooked chicken, protein bars, or a pack of beef jerky for a mid morning snack. Lunch, go for complex carbs and chicken breast or fish. By complex carbs I mean anything in its natural form. Brown rice, brown bread, sweet potatoes, broccoli, asparagus and eat plenty of beans! Very high in protein and good carbs. Mid afternoon snack could be any one of the above things I mentioned for a mid morning bite. For dinner, it's simply just another variation of your lunch.

Training and exercise form is very important but do not forget good nutrition! That is honestly just as important as pumping weights.

From what I've heard personally, I'd stay clear of any sort of creatine. It's very harsh on your liver and to be honest, I really don't think it makes much difference. Protein wise I tend to stick with PHD products. Diet whey is good as well as the Synergy range if you're looking to bulk up a bit. If you must have a pre work-out boost, try No Xplode, is pretty good stuff.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Avoid drinking Lucozade. I have noticed that all of the bell shapes in the gym carry a near empty bottle.
  • Options
    If you want a supplement that will increase muscle mass whilst decreasing body fat use Diet Whey Protein.

Make sure you super hydrate (at list 3-4 litres of water per day)

And push yourself. I have built strength doing 3 sets of 12 on all exercises and now I'm going to up the weight to do 5 sets of 5 reps.

This is given as a great building technique, if rep 5 is not a real push... Up the weights
  • Options
    If I ever bother to work out, I will do this (this guy is very convincing).

http://www.wimp.com/efficientway/