Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neutral Fans

Hi

I am a Torquay fan seeking advice. Our game against Barnet has been moved to Friday night, so a few of us are making a weekend of it and have decided to come to Charlton v Leyton Orient on Saturday. It is our first visit to the valley, but wanted to know where would be the best place to sit / stand if we want to join in with the singing. Also what are the chances of getting a ticket on the day?

Wish you all the best of the remainder of the season

Paul

Comments

• Options
    Shouldn't be problem getting tickets mate
  • Options
    No problem getting a ticket, for standing and singing go to the Covered End(North Upper).
  • Options
    The more the merrier but you'll have to learn our repetoire of songs pretty damned quick.
  • Options
    Come and give somed cash to the Liberal Club as well before the game...
  • Options
    The more the merrier but you'll have to learn our repetoire of songs pretty damned quick.
    5 mins should do it.
  • Options
    Thank you for the speedy comments. It looks we are heading to the Liberal Club and then the North Upper then, thank you. As for learning the songs........ for the ones we don't know we will just sing the Torquay versions, I am sure no one will know.
  • Options
    I like Torquay. My favouite ‘lower’ league team and they have won me a bit of cash on accys this season. Wasn’t it a Torquay fan than had all those photos fof our ground on that forum?
  • Options
    Thank you for the speedy comments. It looks we are heading to the Liberal Club and then the North Upper then, thank you. As for learning the songs........ for the ones we don't know we will just sing the Torquay versions, I am sure no one will know.
    they will mate, if there's more than 2 of you, you'll be louder than the Covered End.
  • Options
    I like Torquay. My favouite ‘lower’ league team and they have won me a bit of cash on accys this season. Wasn’t it a Torquay fan than had all those photos fof our ground on that forum?
    We have a number of members who are ground hoppers, some of which use to use the forum as a travelling blog and stick pictures of their travels on our forum. However the forum split into those who take it all too seriously and spend more time checking other people's posts for spelling mistakes and the more popular torquayfans.com where we have a bit more freedom.

Either way 3 points at Underhill on Friday night and then seeing you goes turn over Leyton Orient, along with a beer or 2 will make this a splendid weekend in the sun.
  • Options
    For singing you want to sit north upper, H or J block and as far up as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have a number of members who are ground hoppers, some of which use to use the forum as a travelling blog and stick pictures of their travels on our forum. However the forum split into those who take it all too seriously and spend more time checking other people's posts for spelling mistakes and the more popular torquayfans.com where we have a bit more freedom.

Either way 3 points at Underhill on Friday night and then seeing you goes turn over Leyton Orient, along with a beer or 2 will make this a splendid weekend in the sun.
    it was pictures of when we lost our ground and the Valley in a right old mess rather than ground hopping photos.

anyway, enjoy your weekend in London and go in the Liberal Club for a few drinks before the game.
  • Options
    If you go to the the very back of the J Block you might even be allowed to bang the drum.
  • Options
    can you bring helen chamberlain with you please it is written in the stars that me and her will end up getting married.
  • Options
    I wish you went up instead of bloody Stevenage!

Enjoy your weekend in the smoke.
  • Options
    While staying near Dartmouth last September, I suggested to my wife that we have an evening in Torquay... After fish and chips at Babbacombe, we saw the draw 2-2 with Cheltenham. It wasn't a great game but both sides must have really come on since then. What's happened to transform your lot?
  • Options
    Many happy memories of holidays in Torquay as a young lad ( long while ago). I remember a place called cockington village as a lovely place to visit.
  • Options
    My mates dad used to play for Torquay , his name is Derek Dawkins. Was he any good?
  • Options
    While staying near Dartmouth last September, I suggested to my wife that we have an evening in Torquay... After fish and chips at Babbacombe, we saw the draw 2-2 with Cheltenham. It wasn't a great game but both sides must have really come on since then. What's happened to transform your lot?
    Martin Ling?
  • Options
    Sure was, and it's worth a re-post - http://www.torquayfansforum.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=groundreviews&thread=9237

Fond memories of visiting Plainmoor in the 1990s on family holidays to Devon.

The team I watch most often, Barry Town, aren't playing this weekend, so am following a similar path to the Lib and then the North-West Quadrant. Hope it turns out better than my last few trips (Notts and postponed Rochdale!)

Remember Eifion Williams at all Paul? Barry Town legend! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSRjCdXsyvo
  • Options
    cheers AshC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember sitting in the Torquay end when Nelse had left us for them quite a few years back. Had a right laugh with them so will be good to welcome them on Saturday.
  • Options
    Can you just walk up & buy tickets in the home stands on matchday ? Thought that you had to be a red card member or something.
  • Options
    Must say I prefer neutral fans as opposed to negative fans........................................
  • Options
    No red card needed. Thats just for online and over the phone I believe.
  • Options
    You only need a red card if the club stipulate ie home to Millwall & you don't want them in the home ends.
  • Options
    It's not as if Leyton Orient have so many fans that the away end won't be big enough for them, and West Ham have a massive home game against Reading, so there won't be Hammer overspill like we've had in the past playing Dagenham.
  • Options
    Torquay United, used to watch a few Friday evening games at Plainmoor when I was down that way in my student days. Always look out for their results, and would be delighted if they gain promotion. One club whose results I always look out for, would be honoured if some of their fans came to the Valley on Saturday.
  • Options
    Good club Torquay United. I hope u get a good result at Underhill.
  • Options
    The only time I've been in telly was thanks to Torquay Utd. It was a cold Friday night and TUFC were away at Scarborough, 1991ish, and as Scarborough isn't that much of a trek me and a mate decided to go. For some reason we joined the hardy 40 or so Torquay fans who had made the effort to make the loooong journey to the McCain Stadium in the away end.
    The game was a dour affair and the hosts won with a penalty at the away end. I remember it better for having to dodge the stones being thrown by the little urchins from the trees that overlooked the away terrace.

Anyway, the 'highlights' were shown on Saint & Greavsie the next day and there was me and my mate, leaning against the barrier, in the drizzle, looking sick as fxxx!

Nights like that is why I love being a football supporter.
  • Options
    If you go to the the very back of the J Block you might even be allowed to bang the drum.
    The funny thing about this is that I am the resident drummer for Torquay