Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawro's Predictions

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Last year's position: 13th

Lawro's verdict: This will be a tough season. I think Iain Dowie's a good manager, his teams seem to be extremely well-prepared.

Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink and Darren Bent looks like a good combination, although Dowie has to make sure he gets enough games out of Hasselbaink. He must keep him fit and keep him smiling.

They'll be finishing in the middle to lower half of the table. It's the start of a transitional phase, but if they are struggling in the first half of the season, they'll be able to address that in January, because they're a very well-run club.

A realistic assessment, but I can't help feeling more optimistic. He also has Fulham in trouble and Watford as the promoted team most likely to surprise.

Lawro's Predictions

Comments

• Options
    How Wrong Lawro was!
  • Options
    ha ha

How did you find that?

AFKA would be proud of your searching skills!
  • Options
    some digging took place it was one of the last pages!
  • Options
    Christ its one of those what ifs now... what if we had stayed up.. got the TV money we were all fighting for.. Varney would still be in charge, the south stand redevolpment would have been in full flow, the ladies team ect... the list could go on and on....
  • Options
    nah there would never have been another result with dowie reed and Pards in charge! Maybe if it had just been pards maybe then!
  • Options
    True no one can argue that Dowie was the right man for the job purley Richard Murray getting one over on the tango man, no the way to do business and look what happend.. there must have been sackfull of aplicants for the job from old heads ie: george graham terry venables ect to foriegners. christ completly irelivant now.
  • Options
    Billy Davies turned it down. we may never know why, but rumour was he wouldnt have control over who came in so he walked away. Shame really as i rate this guy.
  • Options
    yeah it was odd the way they hired les reed and robson and not a manager first..