Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best film out at the moment?

Anyone been cinema recently? Looking for a recommendation for this weekend..

Safe house?
Woman in black?
Devil inside?

Comments

• Options
    Saw Woman in Black last weekend. Not as good as the stage play but still decent. Classic style ghost story well filmed and I thought acted. Not scary by any stretch of the imagination but if you like traditional ghost stories then it's probably worthwhile.
  • Options
    Hmm as long as Harry don't get his stick out and try and cast some spells!
  • Options
    The Devil Inside Me is awful.

ShootersHillGuru must be treble 'ard because I thought the Woman In Black was pretty bloody scary.

Safe House is very entertaining. Probably the best of the three.
  • Options
    The raven looks decent
  • Options
    Woman in black excelent i thought plenty of jumps good one to take the mrs too.
  • Options
    The raven looks decent
    The Raven is meant to be awful. Not heard a singel decent thing about it. I'll probably go watch 21 Jump Street.
  • Options
    Chronicle is pretty decent. Quality special effects.

Battleship will be out soon and that looks wicked
  • Options
    Safe house sounds good. Denzel rarely makes a bad film.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the Women in Black, Daniel Ratcliffe has done well to move on from HP. I enjoyed the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, feel good film, excellent cast and acting and each character bought something different to the story. Salmon farming in Yemen looks interesting.
  • Options
    Two words......"The Muppets"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Safe house is very good
  • Options
    Saw "The best exotic marigold hotel" last week, very enjoyable, full of stars and some great one liners.
  • Options
    jack and jill
  • Options
    Two words......"The Muppets"
    Do you work for Goldman Sachs?
  • Options
    watched the muppets with my 3 year old he loved it, plenty of adult gags in there ala toy story ect.. nice warm funny family film, taking him to see the new ardman pirate film during half term which looks good.
  • Options
    warhorse
  • Options
    Some jumpy moments in "Woman in Black", "Muppets" was decent
  • Options
    Agree with Shooterhillguru that The Woman in Black is very good although also agree that the stage play is superior. A couple of girls behind us nearly had a fit in the scarier moments. I much prefer this kind of horror/ghost movie to the "Slasher" types which are just gratuitous however I personally think the first John Carpenter Halloweeen movie was possibly the scraiest film ever made.
  • Options
    agree WIB good film and real shocker scary moments, hate subject matter though
  • Options
    yep not the nicest razil but if you have a malevolant ghost I guess it has to have something nasty to be malevolent about!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah perhaps I've just gone soft since becoming a Dad a couple of years ago :)
  • Options
    the mrs hated the ending of woman in black, she cried wont spoil it.
  • Options
    Saw The Woman in Black last night and was massively disappointed as it’s one of my favourite books. The story has been absolutely butchered. However if you haven’t read the book you will no doubt enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hmm is it better than Safe house though?
  • Options
    Chronicle.
  • Options
    of narnia
  • Options
    Went and saw Safe House today.

Good film.
  • Options
    went to women in black with the mrs. she was jumpin out her skin and thats always a laugh., plus harry was actually pretty good. decent film all round.
  • Options
    Is John Carter any good?
  • Options
    AVOID Jon Carter. Pure nonsense!