Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fender floating $200,000,000 share offer.

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Are you suggesting Ken that Beck, Page and Clapton tried to play like Hendrix? I'd say there are many people you could point a finger at, but not those esteemed gentlemen. SRV or Robin Trower maybe?
    No mate, they did not try and compete?...... As you know I have a very high regard for all of those mentioned, my comment was in regard to the actual guitars and stuff on sale, I think jimi would be laughing to think that people would pay that for one of his guitars...... I am sure you know what Clapton thought of Jimi " my life was never the same again after seeing him on the first occassion at the Regent Poly...... you can buy the equipment, study for years, but sorry, and all that you ain't hendrix, or as beck himself said......
    which I think sums it up.....
    Ah, I see. I totally agree with you on that - one of the funniest letters I ever saw in Guitarist magazine was from an annoyed dad who'd bought the exact equipment that Hank Marvin used, but kiddo didn't sound like Hank! It's all in the fingers and the feel.
  • Options
    Anyone any thoughts on John Mclaughlin and Steve Howe. I saw them both a few timescand they certainly could play.
  • Options
    Anyone any thoughts on John Mclaughlin and Steve Howe. I saw them both a few timescand they certainly could play.
    I don't doubt it - technically superb. However, personally, I prefer the blues players, such as Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, etc.
  • Options
    I don't doubt it - technically superb. However, personally, I prefer the blues players, such as Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, etc.
    and of course Rory Gallagher.
  • Options
    for something a bit different. The album` One quiet night' by Pat Metheny on baritone guitar is worth a listen.