Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guns

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
I recently started a Biathlon course, this is the Cross Country skiing thing where they also shoot at targets during the race. Having never fired a gun in my life, its great fun and very, very tricky trying to keep the rifle still when you are cream crackered from the skiing bit. Any other gun owners or shooters on here!!??

When was the last time you fired a gun?

Comments

• Options
    I recently started a Biathlon course, this is the Cross Country skiing thing where they also shoot at targets during the race. Having never fired a gun in my life, its great fun and very, very tricky trying to keep the rifle still when you are cream crackered from the skiing bit. Any other gun owners or shooters on here!!??

When was the last time you fired a gun?
    I do a bit of clay pigeon shooting and really enjoy it .. it's expensive though
  • Options
    Last time I fired a gun I was 11 and at a fairground in Calais, you had to shoot balloons in a cage, but they had some fans blowing them around all over the place. I had a complete dead aim though and took part about 8 or 9 times, shooting every balloon, until the owner of the stall started hurling abuse at us in french and refused to let me play anymore. I still got to take the biggest teddy there though!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Give me an Olympic Breakfast ya bastard......and I mean RIGHT NOW!!

• Options
    a shotgun, (preferably sawn-off), would definitely make Biathlon more interesting
  • Options
    I done clay pidgeon shooting on my mates stag do a couple of months back. Quite enjoyable but killed my arm. We used a double barrel shotgun
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Last gun fired was about a month ago in Minnesota, I was at a range and had a go on a WW2 M1 Carbine, An M4 Carbine and a .44 Magnum it made my day...er...punk!
    Spent about 2 hours there on the way to the airport, did over 300 rounds, great fun. Absolutely stunk of cordite, luckily the security at the airport didn't do a clothing swab or whatever they do now!!
  • Options
    Yes, I have always been keen shooter!
  • Options
    I got to fire a Magnum, a glock, a winchester pump action shotgun and a kalashnikov shotgun at a stag weekend in latvia recently. Jolly good fun.
  • Options
    Arnie had some guns
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just finished 45 years bird for gunning down Tommy "Loose Lips" McMahon.
  • Options
    Go to Catford if you like guns..... Brap brap
  • Options
    Two of mine.
  • Options
    Stag do x2 in Bratislava in some big shed

Very enjoyable and very powerful especially with a hangover.
  • Options
    A vehicle mounted 50 cal or belt fed GPMG are fun memories from a previous day job, bit more sedate with clays now, still own a couple of rifles though when time permits, living outside the M25 in Knebworth it can get a bit wild...
  • Options
    I occasionally go clay pigeon shooting. Its great fun and not half as difficult as you might imagine.
  • Options
    Those bastard Frenchies can really move :-)

God we were pissed that night - 3am on the dodgems.
  • Options
    Again a bit of clay pidgeon; jolly good fun.
  • Options
    do clay pigeon all the time , love it
  • Options
    Some of the world's best shooters (is that what they are called?) will be at the Royal Artillery Barracks in April and then again in July for the Olympics and pre-Olympics competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    went to tallin and fired shotguns, desert eagle, ak47, m16, pistols, revolvers.... was brilliant fun.
  • Options
    Being an ex infantry soldier, I've fired a variety of weapons over the years. On occasion I go pigeon shooting and bag the odd squirrel.........(waiting for the flak for the animal rights activists now).
  • Options
    Being an ex infantry soldier, I've fired a variety of weapons over the years. On occasion I go pigeon shooting and bag the odd squirrel.........(waiting for the flak for the animal rights activists now).
    You can't be a very good shot if you only bag squirrels when out shooting pigeons!

• Options
    Did you bag any sheep in Brecon Tango?