Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Make Kony Famous

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc
Just thought I'd try adding more people to the cause.

It IS half an hour long, but worth watching, and personally I'd never heard of the bastard properly before this.

Comments

• Just watched it, mental how stuff like this goes on around the world. Everyone on this forum should watch it, it's very moving and a real eye opener
  • What's it about though? I think it needs more of an introduction before I'm going to commit 1/2 hour's viewing of something that I don't have the faintest idea about.
  • What's it about though? I think it needs more of an introduction before I'm going to commit 1/2 hour's viewing of something that I don't have the faintest idea about.
    This
  • Its about the man behind the child soldiers in Uganda, and the attempt to bring him to justice.
    Watch it.
    ironically its a video aimed to educate you on Kony and the atrocities that he's committed in uganda. Obama recently sent 100 advisors to help in his capture, this video is an attempt to raise awareness and to help continue the deployment of said advisors.
  • Will someone just fill the void he's left once/if he goes though? Seems in some places it's just a perpetual cycle.

• Funny that, coming from Millwall.
  • Will someone just fill the void he's left once/if he goes though? Seems in some places it's just a perpetual cycle.

How is it a perpetual cycle? There was no civil way in Uganda before him and no civil war. He created the whole thing. Maybe the Lords Resistance Army so big now that someone else will take it over. Maybe not.

Either way the bastard deserves to be punished.

the LRA aren't seeking any kind of place in government or any land, they exist simply for power and to do what they want
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2012
    On April 20th, London and other major cities across the world will be covered in 'Stop Kony' posters.

It's all for a good cause.
    Kony abducts, abuses and murders people. He abducts children. The girls become sex slaves and the boys go into the army. These children are forced to kill their parents, sibling, relatives and friends.

It's sick what they do. I didn't know much about Kony before watching the video but it is well worth 30 minutes of your time.
  • as much as I think that this is a good movement, i'm going to be doing something else on 4/20 i'm afraid..

How is it a perpetual cycle? There was no civil way in Uganda before him and no civil war. He created the whole thing. Maybe the Lords Resistance Army so big now that someone else will take it over. Maybe not.

I said in some places. I didn't say in Uganda. I don't know enough about it, hence why I asked will someone fill the void he leaves and be the same?

• edited March 2012
    At least they have a job - youth unemployment is a grave concern in this country.

And Obama should send 100 mercenaries not advisors if serious about getting rid of him.
  • edited March 2012
    /
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    Well worth 30 mins of your life. It shows what people are capable of if they really try.

In the 30 mins I watched it the views went up from 1 million to nearly 5 million.
  • great cause and i hope they achieve it. that kony has got away with it for far to long.

i did find the video a bit corny in a very American way.
  • My girlfriend's daughter has just shown me the video. I was in Uganda in '90 - We'll be involved however we can on the 20th.
  • Sponsored links:

• A brilliant use of social media to raise awareness about one of the true despots of our generation.

BUT I had my suspicions when it mentioned that the 'charity' was called Invisible Children Inc.; and then I read this, which added to them: http://lunamagazine.com.au/slider/13511?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kony-2012-and-looks-can-be-deceiving

Best line from that article? "Support the cause but not the charity"
  • A brilliant use of social media to raise awareness about one of the true despots of our generation.

BUT I had my suspicions when it mentioned that the 'charity' was called Invisible Children Inc.; and then I read this, which added to them: http://lunamagazine.com.au/slider/13511?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kony-2012-and-looks-can-be-deceiving

Best line from that article? "Support the cause but not the charity"
    Also in the Guardian but with less detail: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2012/mar/07/kony-2012-video-viral-invisible-children
  • 21m views in 2 days. It went up by 1m in the time it took me to watch it.
  • Shouldn't that be infamous rather than famous?
  • mentioned on BBC that the Charity spends most of its income on wages and filming and little on actual charity work.
  • Brilliant!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17409934

'San Diego police spokeswoman Andra Brown told AFP news agency: "Officers responded to a radio call to check the welfare of an individual who was said to be running in the street, interfering with traffic, screaming - one person said that he was naked and masturbating."
  • #wankingforkony

shame for the bloke, like. Wonder if it was a breakdown or if the fame got him access to a better class of narcotics.
  • #wankingforkony

shame for the bloke, like. Wonder if it was a breakdown or if the fame got him access to a better class of narcotics.
    Being the poster boy for another oil stealing campaign must be a lot of pressure