Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fundraising for Kids Party in Bangladesh

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
If you are not interested in doing this, that is fine (just don't comment). I understand life is hard and money is tight and many may think that charity begins at home,

So hear goes:
My friends work with street children in Bangladesh. Each year she fund raises to takes 300 children to a water park in Dhaka so that they can have fun . These children don't have the chance to be carefree very often - most of them are working children who have been able to attend some school thanks to various charities and shelters around the city. For them this is a day of fun, and who can begrudge them that.

This year she needs money to make this happen and is falling short of her fundraising target by €1900, if you can donate anything she, i and more importantly the children will be very grateful.

http://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/8894-bwa-street-childrens-party-2012

At work we are having a cake sale tomorrow, to quote Tesco - every little helps and we would be grateful for your help if you can donate a little.
Many Many Thanks

Comments

• Nice. Have made a little one. Hope they have a lovely day.
  • Small donation from me. Sounds like a really worthwhile project - it's not just that the kids have some fun, it broadens their horizons as well.
  • Thanks folks, very grateful