Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chester

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
Anyone ever been there , either for racing or a weekend ? Any good ? Cheers

Comments

• Never been there myself Shag, but I'm told it's a really lovely old place.
  • edited March 2012
    My uncle Charlie lives there and works as a school teacher............................
  • Ive been a few times to the May meeting.Good course didnt rip the arse out of admission.Plenty of pubs and going back a few years the clubs were good too.
  • My uncle Charlie lives there and works as a school teacher............................
    Oh.............Charlie Chester.....I know his brother Man.

• When Charlton played at Moan Utd a few years ago, decided to take the family away for a long weekend and we stayed in Chester rather than Manchester. (Nice town for wife and daughter to explore on Saturday whilst son and I went to football).

Got up there about 7.00pm on Friday, had a nice B&B booked and decided to go into town for a meal. Thought owner looked at me a bit oddish - and soon understood why?

City centre on a Friday night was full of groups of lads and lassies about 12 strong who were all enjoying a "good night out". Seem to recall - not that I was looking, of course - all the young girls seemed to have forgot to get dressed before going out. Also recall that every bar and pub had bouncers on the door! It really was "lively" walking around.
    Decided that a taxi back to the B&B was a wise investment even though it was only a few minutes walk away!

That said, Chester during the day was lovely. Great old town with lovely buildings, walls around the town that you can walk all the way around, a river through the centre of town. Highly recommend for a long weekend. And if you're going up with mates, a "lively" night scene on Friday and Saturday! Enjoy!
  • A nice city, plenty of history, walk around the city on the wall, it passes the race course.

Funnily Fortune 82nd Minute, I can genuinely remember walking around there on a Friday evening, having just arrived and feeling out of place...until I took my coat off. A couple of girls said hello to me once I'd done that, it must be a local thing!

You can direct trains from there to North Wales, Liverpool and Manchester as well
  • Lovely city with some great old pubs. Wasn't half their (The late Chester City FC) ground in Wales or something odd like that?
  • Apparently you are allowed to shoot Welshmen with a longbow and arrow within the City Walls.
  • Killer

You are worse than a trainspotter you are a train director!!!!
  • Saw Charlton get beat 4-0 there, gawd only knows how many years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Old Roman City
    Good if you're interested in stuff.
  • Went many years ago with an ex gf who came from Ellesmere Port. Seem to remember it being pretty nice.
  • Killer

You are worse than a trainspotter you are a train director!!!!
    Well us Charlton supporters have a reputation to keep up :-)
  • Been a while since I was there, but I liked the city. Has character and good pubs with decent real ale.
  • Cheers CLC , very helpful
  • I've been there, had a great time. No white trainers though.
  • Chester is a nice place .. and claims to be the last walled city in the UK.
  • Just been up there.
    Went to a nice Japanese restaurant called Siam, then an ok pub call Revolution & ended the night in Cruise nightclub.
    If you're a young man you'll love it. I felt positively overdressed in my jumpsuit ;)
    Enjoy!
  • Im meeting a doris who i met on a dating site in Chester on Saturday and I was wondering if there are any decent pubs/currys houses?
  • RobRob
    edited March 2012
    Went there years ago at Christmas time. Pretty and quant then with all the lights. Just remember it being olde worlde with nice pubs. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been up there.
    Went to a nice Japanese restaurant called Siam, then an ok pub call Revolution & ended the night in Cruise nightclub.
    If you're a young man you'll love it. I felt positively overdressed in my jumpsuit ;)
    Enjoy!
    I cant believe you just popped up there cos I asked what its like , that is true love friendship , cheers !
  • What a div.
  • I felt positively overdressed in my jumpsuit
    Are you Anneka Rice?

• I felt positively overdressed in my jumpsuit
    Are you Anneka Rice?

Nah, more egg fried :-D

• Just been up there.
    Enjoy!
    I cant believe you just popped up there cos I asked what its like , that is true love friendship , cheers !
    Am only human Shag ;)
  • edited March 2012
  • Went many years ago with an ex gf who came from Ellesmere Port. Seem to remember it being pretty nice.
    Thats all well and good but what was the town like??

:-)
  • whatever happened to Chester City?
    Chester minute, I'll find out for you ........