Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year - combined vote

yesterday Granpa, in a widely praised post, suggested what a lot of us are thinking - that this year's Player of the Year vote is too damned difficult. A vote for one means to ignore the contribution of another - well, probably ten others. In that starting 11 I think there is hardly a player you couldn't make a case for - I suppose Dale Stephens because he's missed half the season, and Danny Green because he has often gone a bit missing. Otherwise, I think they all have a case.
So I think the club should seriously consider putting on the voting slip the option to vote "All of them"
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Damn right !
  • Options
    Nah. It's a competition and the vote should be as normal in my opinion. Too cheesy to do all of them.

I don't think Morro is going to cry if Solly gets it.
  • Options
    yesterday Granpa, in a widely praised post, suggested what a lot of us are thinking - that this year's Player of the Year vote is too damned difficult. A vote for one means to ignore the contribution of another - well, probably ten others. In that starting 11 I think there is hardly a player you couldn't make a case for - I suppose Dale Stephens because he's missed half the season, and Danny Green because he has often gone a bit missing. Otherwise, I think they all have a case.
    So I think the club should seriously consider putting on the voting slip the option to vote "All of them"
    What do you think?
    Disagree

1. It has to be all of them or just one. You can't then start saying leave out Alonso or Green or Wagstaff etc.

2. The idea is to pick out the best of the best (or worst in recent seasons). Otherwise every good season will be "all of them" and bad season "none of them".

3. The Club doesn't organise the POTY do or voting. It's organised by fans via the Fans' Forum

Just leave it as it is.
  • Options
    No to be fair, last year there should of been an option for none of them but sombody had to get it. I don't think that by singling out player it will take anything away from any of the otheres. The ultimate accolade from their point of veiw will be to win the league with a record breaking number of points which is what I think they do. COYR

By the way my vote goes to Johnny Jackson, vital goals in vital games and an inspiration to all around him even when he was out of the team.
  • Options
    All those players have a case, but I'd give it to chris solly. The most consistent best performer for us.
    Still a good few games to go yet though ...
  • Options
    If the awards are kept as normal, would finances prevent some kind of medal being awarded to all of the players and coaching staff on behalf of the fans anyway?
  • Options
    If the awards are kept as normal, would finances prevent some kind of medal being awarded to all of the players and coaching staff on behalf of the fans anyway?
    If you want to sponsor it : - )

Ask Fanny as she is one of the people leading on this.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    A vote for 11
    1. Breaks tradition
    2. Makes the whole POTY shebang pointless
    3. Is more divisive than selecting an individual. - which starting 11? - how do the fringe players feel?
    4. Would be dismissed by the manager, who knows more about motivation and keeping the players heads out of the clouds than any discussion list contributors.

And the players will all be rewarded with our undiluted praise - yes even the moaners! -, promotion and enhanced contract negotiations.
  • Options
    I think there was a better case last season to put 'None of them'.
  • Options
    My vote is solly... Start of season no one gave the boy a chance!! He's been mustard and no surprise that when he's not played we lost!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last seasons POTY would have been more difficult (to such a contrasting season this year)!
  • Options
    If you want to sponsor it : - )

Ask Fanny as she is one of the people leading on this.
    We're thinking along the same lines as you, Algarveaddick......

....but a snog from Fanny for the also rans may have to suffice !

Unless, as Henry says, someone would like to sponsor some momentos ....

• Options
    SCP deserves some kind of award/recognition. He won't have look in at Manager of the Season as it's bound to go to whoever wins the Premier League
  • Options
    Hate the idea of a combined vote. The team compete for a living, it's their thing, seems bizarre to take away their chance to receive individual recognition for a top season. If things keep going as they are they'll receive their combined winners deal in the form of a trophy anyway
  • Options
    He'll get divisional manager of the year
  • Options
    Yes, but deserves even more recognition