Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I Need Some Help From Understanding Lifers

It all started the back end of last August. Thrilled by the fact that we had won a few games, I found myself looking at the league table in a rather smug manner, pointing out our position to anyone who cared (or didn't for that matter) to listen.

As time has gone on this obsession has become progressively worse. Today, at work, when Kermy scored that winner I leapt out of my seat, punched the air and proceeded to tell all my colleagues in at least 10 different ways that we were now 13 (thirteen for video printer purposes) points clear. The silence from my Arsenal, Manure, 'pool, Accrington, Burnley and Spuds supporting workmates was deafening. It was as if I had been sent to Coventry.

Then, when I got home tonight, there was a note from the wife "I've had enough. It's the League Table or me".

How do I break it to her gently that the League Table wins every time?

Comments

• Sounds like she's gone already so problem solved ;-)

• Then, when I got home tonight, there was a note from the wife "I've had enough. It's the League Table or me".
    Perhaps you're married to Danny Wilson?
  • Just print the table off put it in the kitchen, the bedroom the bog

No need for the missus then
  • Made love twice with the Mrs AUN today before the game but have to say my best 'conclusion' came at roughly 4.52pm!

Who needs women when you've got Charlton!
  • I don't see where you need any help. It sounds like you've decided between the two for yourself. And it's the wrong decision.
  • Made love twice with the Mrs AUN today before the game
    and quite a stir you caused in the concourse too :-)

• edited March 2012
    Made love twice with the Mrs AUN today before the game but have to say my best 'conclusion' came at roughly 4.52pm!

Who needs women when you've got Charlton!
    What on earth?
  • My boyfriend seems to understand my fanaticism/enthusiasm and even reads all the links to the articles on SCP I bombard him with! And accepts my adoration of the wonderful SCP and our great club. I've even dragged him along to the Valley before I went overseas and to the games I manage to prioritise when I'm back in the UK. He even understands we're gonna have a weekend in the Lake District or Kielder when I'm back in April as I'm going to the Carlisle game as can't make a home game.

• Today, at work, when Kermy scored that winner I leapt out of my seat, punched the air and proceeded to tell all my colleagues in at least 10 different ways that we were now 13 (thirteen for video printer purposes) points clear. The silence from my Arsenal, Manure, 'pool, Accrington, Burnley and Spuds supporting workmates was deafening. It was as if I had been sent to Coventry.

on a more boring serious note this is why we have to get promoted .... it's all about the banter with your mates/colleagues who support other clubs but in league one we can only talk to ourselves about it , no one cares about it except us and a load of northerners , i know one orient fan and i'm hardly gonna give it to him about how great we are