Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best Charlton book?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Agree with earlier posts, especially 'Left Foot Forward' but surprised no-one's mentioned 'Welling to Wembley' a souvenir of Monday, May 25th, 1998 - anyone remember that particular day?. A very, very special day.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Autobiographies are difficult to get right, but the Curbs and Lennie books are . . . a wasted opportunity.
  • Options
    Autobiographies are difficult to get right, but the Curbs and Lennie books are . . . a wasted opportunity.
    Unfortunately so
  • Options
    Was given a copy of "Charlton Athletic 1903 - 1984" which appears to be an extract from "Smith's History of Charlton".

From what I can make out this is a chapter on CAFC taken from a book on the area.

Just a ring bound pamphlet really. I'm guessing it was a sample for a planned book. All rather dry from the little I've read so far and as the title suggests not all that accurate.

Anyone got any other info or know about the Smith's History of Charlton tome.
  • Options
    Was given a copy of "Charlton Athletic 1903 - 1984" which appears to be an extract from "Smith's History of Charlton".

From what I can make out this is a chapter on CAFC taken from a book on the area.

Just a ring bound pamphlet really. I'm guessing it was a sample for a planned book. All rather dry from the little I've read so far and as the title suggests not all that accurate.

I remember something about this on Greenwich phantom blog some time back
  • Options

I remember something about this on Greenwich phantom blog some time back
    I saw that but not too much info there.
  • Options
    Got mine (Battle for the Valley) on Amazon just before Crimbo
    Used but in great nick
    Reading it now and it really is superb.
    The best of the bunch imo
  • Options
    Are things about to change at the top, with Ackers set to release his life's work this week?
  • Options
    Any news on the 2nd Edition of Battle for The Valley? I was hoping to have it by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Same here know it was delayed towards the end of May which it is now

• Options
    Just looked on the votv site and it says book is at printers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @airmanbrown: will be Battle for The Valley deliveries this PM in Welling, Bexleyheath, Erith, Plumstead, Abbey Wood and New Eltham. Everything else is in the post now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Got mine on Thursday :-)
  • Options
    Got mine Friday thanks airman
  • Options

@airmanbrown: will be Battle for The Valley deliveries this PM in Welling, Bexleyheath, Erith, Plumstead, Abbey Wood and New Eltham. Everything else is in the post now.

Will we be able to purchase from you on matchday if pre-arranged. Failing this are we able to get hold of a copy other than through the post?
  • Options

Will we be able to purchase from you on matchday if pre-arranged. Failing this are we able to get hold of a copy other than through the post?
    At the moment you can only order it by post from www.votvonline.com. I'm conscious some people will want to avoid paying the postage and I might do some collections at the Colchester game, but if so I will confirm details nearer the time.
  • Options

At the moment you can only order it by post from www.votvonline.com. I'm conscious some people will want to avoid paying the postage and I might do some collections at the Colchester game, but if so I will confirm details nearer the time.
    I'm just being tight, sorry!