Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich - good place for Sunday lunch

Not eaten in Greenwich for ages. Need a good place to take my Mum for lunch.

Any suggestions Lifers?

Comments

• Options
    The Gypsy Moth looks good, too expensive for me though!
  • Options
    The Vanbrugh next to maze hill station is very nice. Need to book for Sunday lunch.
  • Options
    is it the plume of feathers by the entrance to lower greenwich park behind the swimming baths? they do a mean roast then you can walk it off in the park afterwards.
  • Options
    is it the plume of feathers by the entrance to lower greenwich park behind the swimming baths? they do a mean roast then you can walk it off in the park afterwards.
    Was going to suggest this as well Adam.

• Options
    The Spread Eagle. Lovely.
  • Options
    The Plume of Feathers, highly recommended. The Hill, Royal Hill but i havent eaten the roast there but the food is excellent, the roast had run out when i got there at 4.
  • Options
    The Old Brewery inside the naval college is lovely, if it's decent weather I can't imagine there are many better places to sit outside in Greenwich
  • Options
    Trafalar or Spread Eagle
  • Options
    I rate The Mitre, not had a Sunday Roast in there for a while but eaten in there on other occasions and it's always been decent. Trafalgar is ok but you pay extra for the river view
  • Options
    weatherspoons....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    weatherspoons....
    the sunday lunch in weatherspoons, 4 pints of stella and 2 jagger bombs for pudding.
  • Options
    blackheath tea hut
  • Options
    The Greenwich Union used to do a very good roast dinner, but I haven't been there for a food for a while now. Cracking ales though.
  • Options
    The Pilot used to do great sunday lunches but not been in there for a while.

Othewise the Kings Arms does good food.
  • Options
    blackheath tea hut
    Can't beat the animal burger!
  • Options
    The Pelton is terrible, stay away (please stay away, please!)
  • Options
    Barn door varney the last time I had roast there they served up a tiny skinless chicken breast for the roast... and my dad refuses to go back as he said to add further insult some one had taken a crap in the urinal.
  • Options
    decided on Trafalgar Tavern. The Vanburgh virtually full up.
  • Options
    Bumped an old thread... just laughed at my own post above.

Anyway the Spreadeagle has closed. So dont be going there anytime soon. Now that Frank Dowling's Inc has gone bust. Hope the Trafalgar doesn't shut too.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/2013/12/spread-eagle-closes-as-greenwi.html
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Bumped an old thread... just laughed at my own post above.

Anyway the Spreadeagle has closed. So dont be going there anytime soon. Now that Frank Dowling's Inc has gone bust. Hope the Trafalgar doesn't shut too.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/2013/12/spread-eagle-closes-as-greenwi.html

Yep. Owes my company a few quid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah yes mentioned you had placed a chef there and i meant to come back to you and say I hope you get paid after reading about him going bust.

Hopefully the Trafalgar is saved and someone takes it on that appreciates it.

• Options
    Used to go Flaunt It at the Trafalgar.

Thought must be a goldmine what with its location.
    Always seemed busy.
  • Options
    Outside which is on Greenwich south street does a really nice sunday lunch, paid about £50 for two with desert and coffee.
  • Options
    The burger hut on Blackheath
  • Options
    It doesn't look good does it!
  • Options
    Frank the Yank is an all round rotter who treats people like shite, i don't think many in Greenwich will be upset if he goes down.
  • Options
    He's been selling off his Greenwich sites. Not sure how much he's got left there, apart from the Trafalgar.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The Pelton is terrible, stay away (please stay away, please!)

I can assure you The Pelton is no longer terrible. Best pub in Greenwich these days.