Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Report from a Chesterfield fan

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've read several reports from this lad and he puts a lot of professional journalists to shame. Good on ya Ryan and keep up the good work.

PS - Would love to know what just happened to Matt Taylor when that picture was taken. Looks like someone just shoved a radish up his backside.
  • Options
    Congratulations young fella...am I right in saying that you have ambitions to be a sports journalist, I'm sure I read this elsewhere, maybe on The Owls site? If so, you're pressing all the right buttons.
    One thing....can you call your local radio station and put them right. We were at breakfast the following morning listening to local radio (four of us stayed over) and they kept reffering to us as The Atticks!!
  • Options
    We were at breakfast the following morning listening to local radio (four of us stayed over) and they kept reffering to us as The Atticks!!
    Well, we are in a loft-y position.

gets coat

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations young fella...am I right in saying that you have ambitions to be a sports journalist, I'm sure I read this elsewhere, maybe on The Owls site? If so, you're pressing all the right buttons.
    One thing....can you call your local radio station and put them right. We were at breakfast the following morning listening to local radio (four of us stayed over) and they kept reffering to us as The Atticks!!
    Maybe that's because they think our football this season has reached the roof and is on it's way to the stars!..............I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nice bit of work mate. A good read and some decent photos too. I sincerely hope that Chesterfield stay up- they are a decent footballing side with a nice ground and should really be in League 1comfortably. Add to that the little soft spot I have for the Spireites dating back to that fantastic FA Cup tussle with Middlesborough in 1997, that was one of the most exciting games I have seen (CAFC/Sunderland 1998 excepted of course!) I was desperate for your team to win! All the best for the journalism career and all the best to Chesterfield FC.
  • Options
    Very good report and great photos. Keep it up.

Dale Stephens looks as though he's just been born.
  • Options
    Good report you look like dale Stephens twin
  • Options
    Ryan - great report and pictures mate. Having just boarded the train before the original game was called off, I was gutted not to be able to get there the other night.

Your website puts a lot of so-called professional ones to shame. Bit worried about your obvious truancy though!! Was that every day of the snooker tournament you were at??? ;-).

You definitely missed out on your London trip though, especially as there's only one ground south of the river actually worth coming along to!!

All the best for Wembley and fingers crossed for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff Ryan.

Well done.
  • Options
    Hello Ryan....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave it Curb_it, leave it.
  • Options
    Run Ryan...run
  • Options
    Curb_it...thought you usually wrote these messages at 12.56am not pm!!! ;-)
  • Options
    I know. but am in exceptionally good mood and know ian wont be checking on here...
  • Options
    Haha, good for you :)
  • Options
    Great report and well done.

I used to go out drinking a with a young Kevin Davies when he was at Chesterfield, then Southhampton and Blackburn. We actually went out in Chesterfield and nobody recognised him. We went out in Sheffield and all the aspiring young models were round him like he was Beckham. His best line ever was to invite two models back to his house for a pool party, and i don't mean 8-ball. Bloody footballers earn far too much money. He was on £12k a week aged 21, god knows what he's on now. Very down to earth though and still let his mates buy the pints, lol.
  • Options
    Well written, well done.
  • Options
    Makes me like your club. I hope you stay up.
  • Options
    Excellent report Ryan. Well done.
  • Options
    Well done, Ryan - great read and photos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ryan,

Well done!
  • Options
    I know. but am in exceptionally good mood and know ian wont be checking on here...

another way of saying shes gagging for it ryan run for the hills lad

• Options
    Well done young man,excellent work. I recommend you have a look at The Independent if you wish to become a football journalist. Aspire to Sam Wallace,be the absolute antithesis of James Lawton.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

another way of saying shes gagging for it ryan run for the hills lad

Imagine writing something like that straight under a post from my husband? Disrespectful. Head lock time for you nla.