Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff U vs Scunny

2»

Comments

• Options
    There away form isn't all that, picked up 41 points at home, but on the road there a bit, meh
  • Options
    they'll have another blip.

sorry, just our forum has had a Massive meltdown due to our cololssus support finding out about our megson.
  • Options
    Bit frustrating that we will have played one more game than them until the end of March. It's always a bit awkward to read too much into the table when all of the contenders have played a different amount of matches I feel.

Either way, we've created enough of a lead and momentum where it is completely in our own hands and we will comfortable cross the finishing line if we keep going the way we are.
  • Options
    Their game in hand is Chesterfield at home end of March
    Sorry S.C.M but our game in hand is away to Colchester.
  • Options
    Evening marksablade and welcome back..here's what you wrote 10 days ago (which is a long time at this time of the season)

"Seem to think you were 14 points in front of us P.A but if we beat the pigs & our game in hand on yous the gap will be 4 points but we've got to win our games,not having a go mate but if you ask me top spot is still up for grabs although i'll take 2nd place now,anyway heres hoping we both go up 1st or 2nd."

So do you still think top spot is up for grabs? If I were you, I'd worry about clinging on to 2nd now. Personally I hope you do, since unlike the other pair of muppet-run clubs, you haven't gone into panic mode and sacked your manager. Yet.
  • Options
    i still think top spot is up for grabs. If they win their game in hand its only 7 points.
  • Options
    i still think top spot is up for grabs. If they win their game in hand its only 7 points.
    You're right.

Have just shat meself, again. 7 points is piss. Have that most breakfasts.

• Options
    It's still up for grabs is all I'm saying.
  • Options
    To be honest, who cares!Yes it would be nice to win the league but guys come on! One aim!Lets not get greedy!
  • Options
    bang on pal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's still up for grabs is all I'm saying.
    So's the moon.
  • Options
    Would I have taken 2nd place at the start of the season? Absolutely, with two hands.

Would I take 2nd place after being top of the league for six months? Yes, but would forever wonder what could have been.

We're the best team in this league, let's prove it with some silverware.
  • Options
    Is the People's Cup not enough for you?
  • Options
    Of course statistically they could make up 10 points on us. But then there's the real world and how things work out in football.

If we had stuttered in the last two games I'd concede that they might catch us. But we didn't. By all accounts they were two of the best performances of the season. BWP is back among the goals. We have a fully fit squad (which is pretty remarkable in itself), even Danny Haynes came back ahead of forecast. We pick up less cards than the others. We only have Udders away as the remaining clash with serious teams. 10 points is much harder to claw back in March than in November.

It's true that Curbs 2000 team blew a fuse, but in fact the title was never seriously in doubt, even then. And SCP was a player in that team. I'm sure he's thought about complacency and how to combat it.

I want us to be Champions by a country mile, so that the whole football world goes "awesome, those boys are back". That is not the same as saying that we will but I don't go in for wishes that are stretching credulity. That's my message to any Blades. I hope they secure second spot, but they better concentrate on their dogfight with that gang of new managers and cocky existing ones
  • Options
    According to Andy Gray Charlton are "home and hosed"

Charlton are back
    Charlton are back
    'Allo, Allo
    Charlton are back
  • Options
    To be honest, who cares!Yes it would be nice to win the league but guys come on! One aim!Lets not get greedy!
    Yes lets be greedy.

One aim CHAMPIONS.

• Options
    They won't win their away games, and we'll be champions in April.
  • Options
    They have Oldham at home Saturday which you'd expect them to win then 3 away games. I'd be very surprised if they won them all plus they'll have the added pressure of being the ones Wednesday/Hudders will be looking to catch if they drop points.
  • Options
    Poor old Scunny, they haven't been the same since Nigel left .......
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Their game in hand is Chesterfield at home end of March
    Sorry S.C.M but our game in hand is away to Colchester.
    Yep you are right, I see that you moved the Chesterfield game as they are at Wemberley 24/5 March