Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ANYONE FROM ITALY ?

13»

Comments

• Qwadily qui, qwadily qua...automatique automatique....that's the only Italian I know...learn't it from a street magician in Rome with a magic wallet that made your money disappear when he folded and unfolded it.......actually I met plenty of others who actually did the very same trick with my money but they just didn't say the words......lovely country.
  • Stefoben, are you a Hellas fan? I've been to quite a few cities and stadiums in the north, but sadly never Verona. I'll make it over for a game against the mangiagatti eventually.

• @ RedPanda he probably follows the flying donkeys. Is Vicenza twinned with Liverpool?
  • Ciao Stefoben, sono meta di Italiano. Mio papa e veneziano. Scusi, mio Italiano no e cosi buono.

Forza i rossi.
    Beh non parli male (for sure better than my English !!!) ... e poi l'importante è capirsi.
    Cheers !!

• Maybe Stefoben can tell us what he knows of our partnership with Inter.
    I asked to some friends of mine who are a fanatic Inter's supporters but they haven't heard about this... When you talk about "partnership" do you mean an agreement between Inter and Charlton or a twinning between the supporters ?
  • Maybe Stefoben can tell us what he knows of our partnership with Inter.
    I asked to some friends of mine who are a fanatic Inter's supporters but they haven't heard about this... When you talk about "partnership" do you mean an agreement between Inter and Charlton or a twinning between the supporters ?
    Some years back there was an arrangement between the two clubs to send a few of our youth players over there for a bit of experience and they would do the same, share coaching tips and the like. I think one of the players who went was Scott Parker, another might have been Michael Turner(?), but I'm not sure who from Inter came to Charlton. Perhaps a good idea in theory but it never amounted to much in practice.

• @ RedPanda he probably follows the flying donkeys. Is Vicenza twinned with Liverpool?
    Yes, you're right, I'm a Chievo fan (the flying donkeys). Really are there English teams twinned with Italian ones ? I find very odd that a massive team as Liverpool could be twinned with the tiny Vicenza... Is there friendship between Addicks and Liverpool supporters ?

Yes, you're right, I'm a Chievo fan (the flying donkeys). Really are there English teams twinned with Italian ones ? I find very odd that a massive team as Liverpool could be twinned with the tiny Vicenza... Is there friendship between Addicks and Liverpool supporters ?
    Is this what you call an "amicizia"? A sort of anti-rivalry? Where the fans of an opposition team for some historical reason - or more likely a political affiliation - are considered friends?

I'm not aware of any friendly relationships between Charlton and other English clubs - Liverpool included, although some seem to have an affinity with Rangers and others Celtic, but that's Scottish football.
  • I know a couple of Malteese Charlton Fans, does that count?
  • edited March 2012
    Is this what you call an "amicizia"? A sort of anti-rivalry? Where the fans of an opposition team for some historical reason - or more likely a political affiliation - are considered friends?
    Gemellaggio :)

There are quite a few in Italy (and other countries) and have come about for various reasons. Fiorentina and Catanzaro have one simply because a fan of the latter had the balls to go stand in the Curva Fiesole wearing colours, I'm not sure Catanzaro were even playing. Others have come about thanks to mutual rivalries, usually a hatred of Juventus (or Rubentus).

It's all a bit strange, when Fiorentina play Napoli a few Viola fans will wear Hellas Verona colours. Fiorentina tend to be lefties and Hellas Verona are notorious righties but then that political affiliation is why they get on with Lazio so well.

Then at games they'll swap scarfs, sing each others songs, even allow away fans in the home end at times. Genoa and Napoli have had one for ages and when both teams got promoted at the Marassi a few years ago, the city centre was swamped in not just red and blue, but sky blue too.

A lot of it relates to Ultras I think, which is why it wouldn't work here. And any "Ultras" (and I use that term loosely) here are probably too stupid to know about gemellaggios, let alone appreciate them.

• Sponsored links:

• Stefoben, are you a Hellas fan? I've been to quite a few cities and stadiums in the north, but sadly never Verona. I'll make it over for a game against the mangiagatti eventually.
    No, I'm not... I'm a Chievo supporter. Hellas is the most important football team of Verona (they won also the title in 1985) and they have a very large supporters base here, but I don't like them very much because they often are violent and among them there are plenty of right-wing extremists (on the other hand they are very passionate and faithful). We (the flying donkeys) are less than the half of them (average attendance at the home matches is 8.000-9.000) and the "crowd" is mad up mainly of families, groups of teenagers and old men.
    If you are planning to visit a stadium here in the north I suggest you the new Juventus Stadium. It's fantastic. Usually stadiums here in Italy are old and uncomfortable. For example here in Verona the stadium is in a bad condition : seats are broken and dirty (plenty of pigeons shit !!!!), the pitch is really far from the tiers (because of the athletic track). Cheers !!
  • Gemellaggio :)

There are quite a few in Italy (and other countries) and have come about for various reasons. Fiorentina and Catanzaro have one simply because a fan of the latter had the balls to go stand in the Curva Fiesole wearing colours, I'm not sure Catanzaro were even playing. Others have come about thanks to mutual rivalries, usually a hatred of Juventus (or Rubentus).

It's all a bit strange, when Fiorentina play Napoli a few Viola fans will wear Hellas Verona colours. Fiorentina tend to be lefties and Hellas Verona are notorious righties but then that political affiliation is why they get on with Lazio so well.

Then at games they'll swap scarfs, sing each others songs, even allow away fans in the home end at times. Genoa and Napoli have had one for ages and when both teams got promoted at the Marassi a few years ago, the city centre was swamped in not just red and blue, but sky blue too.

A lot of it relates to Ultras I think, which is why it wouldn't work here. And any "Ultras" (and I use that term loosely) here are probably too stupid to know about gemellaggios, let alone appreciate them.

Perfect analysis !!! Nothing to add
  • Is this what you call an "amicizia"? A sort of anti-rivalry? Where the fans of an opposition team for some historical reason - or more likely a political affiliation - are considered friends?
    Gemellaggio :)

Perfect analysis !!! Nothing to add

• edited March 2012
    Grazie! Do you get to many Chievo matches? To be honest, I'd rather visit the Bentegodi than the Juventus Arena as I prefer the older, historic places (even though theirs is on the site of the Delle Alpi). I really like Siena's ground even though it's all temporary stands and open air, but I'm not sure I could handle stadiums like that every week.

I just wish we still had the Anglo-Italian Cup, I was too young to go in the early/mid 90's.
  • Grazie! Do you get to many Chievo matches? To be honest, I'd rather visit the Bentegodi than the Juventus Arena as I prefer the older, historic places (even though theirs is on the site of the Delle Alpi). I really like Siena's ground even though it's all temporary stands and open air, but I'm not sure I could handle stadiums like that every week.

I just wish we still had the Anglo-Italian Cup, I was too young to go in the early/mid 90's.
    Yes I do. I get the seasonal ticket every year (since 1995). My dream is a friendly match Charlton v Chievo at the Valley. Talking about English stadiums I've been only once to Twickenham with my rugby team to see England v Italy ( but my favourite is Craven Cottage though). Never been to the Valley but planning to be there in the future with a friend of mine for Charlton v Liverpool (Championship next year and then Premiership in two years...). Ciao !!
  • RobRob
    edited March 2012
    Which Rugby team do you play for?
    Years ago I played for Amatori Milano while I was working in Milan. Marco Bollesan was the coach. Back then I think it was Petrarca who were the biggest club.
  • Which Rugby team do you play for?
    Years ago I played for Amatori Milano while I was working in Milan. Marco Bollesan was the coach. Back then I think it was Petrarca who were the biggest club.
    A very good team Amatori Milano !! I used to play for Rugby Badia but now I gave up and only sometimes train with an amateur team of Verona (Cangrandi). I was a very bad flanker but I enjoyed a lot with my scrum mates. Fantastic days !!! Have a great week end. Cheers.
  • RobRob
    edited March 2012
    I was a flanker as well. Played for Amatori for a year. They were in the 2nd tier back then though. I believe Bollesan was the Italian coach at the '87 Rugby World Cup. Ciao :-)