Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP Hat-trick?

2»

Comments

• Options
    It's on the OS as a hat-trick - so it must be official, that is the wat=y it works right?
  • Options
    They said on Radio London last night that he made no attempt to claim the match ball from the ref so they assumed he wasnt claiming the last goal.
  • Options
    Well he has clearly thought better of it - It is his hat trick - don't undertsand why we would want to debate it?
  • Options
    Well he has clearly thought better of it - It is his hat trick - don't undertsand why we would want to debate it?
    Because it's not us who decides if he gets it, therefore we're speculating what the people who make the decision will say!

• Options
    Because it's not us who decides if he gets it, therefore we're speculating what the people who make the decision will say!

As far as I'm aware, outside of the Premiership there's no outside body that officially rules on goalscorers. It's just down to the club to decide - and I think, I stress think, that probably here this may well just come down to a discussion between the Communications Dept and Colin Cameron.
  • Options
    On occasion in the past the manager has made silly decisions on this, which have had to be over-ruled by a committee consisting of Colin Cameron and, er, anyone else available. Possibly my all-time favourite was Curbs' attempt to give Richard Rufus a goal at Oldham which was 1) clearly an own goal and 2) Rufus never touched at any stage, on the basis that (at the time) he had never scored. In this case I am advised that Colin has given his seal of approval for a hat-trick.
  • Options
    Does CC have a role other than cafc historian then?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The highlights:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17109344

Hard to tell from the camera angle if BWP got a touch on it.
  • Options
    it's up to BWP, his reaction suggests he didn't touch the ball - if he did great then it's his, if he didn't then surely he wouldn't want to claim this as is first hat-trick? He'll get another soon enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The highlights:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17109344

Hard to tell from the camera angle if BWP got a touch on it.
    Really, I have watched it several times this morning and I have to say he looks nowhere near it, he even looked ashamed by the fact his team mates came over to him to congratulate him.

Fair play if he claims it as he is a striker but if that were my first treble in league football I would want something a bit more convincing

• Options
    BWP does not have the look of a man who's just scored a hat-trick so for that reason I'd say OG but who am I to argue with Colin Cameron?
  • Options
    He looks pleased then confused.
  • Options
    it's up to BWP, his reaction suggests he didn't touch the ball - if he did great then it's his, if he didn't then surely he wouldn't want to claim this as is first hat-trick? He'll get another soon enough.
    he definately got a touch on the ball. I was right behind it. I honestly think that he just thought it was a scrappy goal, nothing special and we were already 3-0 up so not exactly a match winning strike. Look at his reaction too to the first goal. He was almost embarrassed to celebrate it as it was a two foot tap-in. His goal, end of.

• Options
    hat-trick then :-)
  • Options
    he definately got a touch on the ball. I was right behind it. I honestly think that he just thought it was a scrappy goal, nothing special and we were already 3-0 up so not exactly a match winning strike. Look at his reaction too to the first goal. He was almost embarrassed to celebrate it as it was a two foot tap-in. His goal, end of.

Should have gone to Specsavers

:-)

• Options

Sorry but scrappy goal or not, you would celebrate your first career hat-trick.

• Options
    Maybe he can't count ;-)
  • Options
    This is a pointless argument, its been given as a hat-trick, end of.