Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham

Comments

• Options
    They are going to beat us.  The footballing Gods are treating us like an errant puppy and will want to rub our noses in our latest dump on the living room rug!

1-2
  • Options
    So both Tucker and Dempsey were Class in a 7-2 defeat ?

Carter, you were there not me but that does sound strange !
    You can have a massive great big wet dump and realise that big wet shit contains a solid gold crown 

Dempsey was the gold crown, didnt stop working and trying to make something happen. Tucker didn't give any of the 4 penalties away, didn't lose his man for the header and to my mind wasn't at fault for either of the other 2 but after watching a side concede 7 goals its easy to forget 

Oxford had one of those days when everything went for them, Gillingham badly missed Oliver up front as hard as Danny Lloyd worked he isn't going to beat their centre halves to anything with his back to the goal. 

The ones who stood out as poor were the keeper Dalberg, truly had a stinker. Both full backs, O'Keefe, Olly Lee, Max Ehmer, and Charlie Kelman up front were all poor. The keepers performance had to be seen to be believed
  • Options
    Oh no if they go down who will be our local rivals as the tedium of third tier wankness engulfs our club just a little bit more .
    If Sutton United don't go up, and both Gillingham and Wimbledon go down, then we'll have NO vaguely local competitors at all, which would be extraordinary
  • Options
    I was wrong. Tucker gave the third away 
  • Options
    the National League is the stop after next 
  • Options
    Neil Harris
  • Options
    Oh no if they go down who will be our local rivals as the tedium of third tier wankness engulfs our club just a little bit more .
    If Sutton United don't go up, and both Gillingham and Wimbledon go down, then we'll have NO vaguely local competitors at all, which would be extraordinary
    Or if us and Gillingham go down, Sutton don't get promoted and Bromley do we will have loads.  Swings and round abouts. 
  • Options
    Neil Harris
    Wash your mouth out  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harris appointed
  • Options
    Harris appointed
    He must be mad - will be a Div 4 manager next season
  • Options
    Weird one.

Bromley manager turns them down as Bromley are a better bet, then Neil Harris goes there.
  • Options
    So a chairman and now manager who dislikes us .. so no chance now of any players coming from Gillingham 
  • Options
    I actually think he will do alright there. I'll be surprised if they stay up of course but they could of done a lot worse. 
  • Options
    I actually think he will do alright there. I'll be surprised if they stay up of course but they could of done a lot worse. 
    Agreed 
  • Options
    So a chairman and now manager who dislikes us .. so no chance now of any players coming from Gillingham 
    That's the point for me on the likes of Dempsey, Scally wouldn't sell to us on principle anyway. 

Ogilvie for example could have been different as he was a free agent.
  • Options
    suprised harris has gone there, would have him more in the sunderland job 
  • Options
    suprised harris has gone there, would have him more in the sunderland job 
    Sunderland fans have just escaped the clutches of that sort of manager. They wouldn't accept Harris
  • Options
    Neil Harris - have we ever beaten a side he's managed? Was hoping Gills were so shot we'd have a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neil Harris
    Now the Jills truly are the Millwall of the Medway.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Neil Harris
    Now the Jills truly are the Millwall of the Medway.

Spot on.  Same club just different parts of the country.  This move makes perfect sense for all parties.  
  • Options
    Neil Harris is a toughie. He is clearly a very decent bloke, well thought of and regarded. Very much un-Millwall. I cant project the same dislike towards him as I cam so easily about Van Den Hauwe, Hurlock, Stevens and the rest of their brethren 

He played for Gillingham for a bit and being on their payroll at some point is as good as passing the paper sift for Scally. The Cardiff job was way too big for him but managers who turn down jobs can quickly become forgotten. 

After a 2-7 shellacking the expectation bar is set low, it would take a lot for them to get out of it now and going into that bottom tier in a seemingly precarious financial position going against some clubs really on the up with some money to spend could see them back to early nineties Gillingham 
  • Options
    We dont stand a chance of beating them now!!
  • Options

The Football Association has charged Gillingham with three counts of misconduct following racist or sexist abuse from their supporters.

The charges relate to incidents during games against Colchester and Sutton in December and AFC Wimbledon in February.

The League Two club have until 5 June to respond to the FA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65713375

• Options

• Options
    Just sacked harris 1 point outside automatic promotion places. I know they have struggled to score goals but they have the best defensive record in the league. Very strange one - perhaps more to it.
  • Options
    Must be more to it than just results, numbers suggest their games have been absolute snoozefests so far, only Harrogate have scored as little as them
  • Options
    They have spent a lot for a L2 club and the owners will have expected autos I reckon. Falling outside playoffs whilst barely scoring would not have been their expectations. Fans were already turning.
    Not saying it's right but it will all be about results, even when 7th