Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Bent out for the season...

..and I reckon that'll be it for the Euro's too. Gutted for the lad.

Comments

• gutted for him. Was the only reason I was gonna bother watching England too.
  • Villa are in big trouble
  • Villa are in big trouble
    very true seeing as Keane has also departed.

same here. i will still watch them, but it just wont be the same without dazzler.
  • What if Villa come in for BWP?
  • What if Villa come in for BWP?
    How?

• Has the loan window closed then?
  • I think they'd opt for Rhodes before BWP
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted for him.
    ...and get the same answer.

same here. i will still watch them, but it just wont be the same without dazzler.
    I'm still here. Well pissed off am going to England Wednesday too. FFS!!!!!!
    There isn't a loan window for PL incomings only PL loaning to the likes of us.

Rhodes was called up to the Scotland side not long ago i think...
    and what has that got to do with it ?

There isn't a loan window for PL incomings only PL loaning to the likes of us.

Well, you learn something new everyday! So they won't be getting Rhodes either then
  • That sucks for him... man why is it the nice guys always tend to get the bad luck ... he get shafted out of the world cup, just starts making an impact and finaly the media arent treating like scum and boom he does himself over ...
    and what has that got to do with it ?

Sorry, didn't read the posts above haha. Thought someone made a joke about BWP being called up for England rather than Villa trying to make a bid for him...which is why i stated Rhodes was called up for Scotland!
  • Like Bent... Don't like Villa

Wish he would move to somewhere like Norwich
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    cant stand norwich
  • ...just in case you wanted to know...
  • He'll become lead striker at Fulham next season.

Shame as without Rooney for the first couple of games, Benty would have been the spearhead of our attack in Ukraine, now we're having to rely on people like Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck and probably Carroll to avoid massive embarrassment
  • There is no single scenario on the planet where Andy Carroll can be used to avoid embarrassment. He can't even get smashed without falling off a barstool and injuring himself, and drinking is pretty much all he does. The man is about as much use as Eamonn Holmes' dietician
  • Ruptured ankle ligaments.

Nasty. I hope he doesn't lose that edge of pace which enabled him to make Melchiot (?spelling) look like he was running up a down escalator at The Valley when he scored a late goal for us against Birmingham I think it was.
  • Any chance of Bent being selected as one of the strikers must have gone given the Rooney situation.

In other circumstances, there could have been a possibility of him being chosen if fit again, but can't see any manager using up two squad places on someone who can't play the first two games and another who hasn't played for three months.
  • :( very dissapointed for him and for England would of got in my starting 11

Premiership players can get emergency loans still if they request it, but doubt they will get anyone in league 1..
  • Ruptured ankle ligaments.

Nasty. I hope he doesn't lose that edge of pace which enabled him to make Melchiot (?spelling) look like he was running up a down escalator at The Valley when he scored a late goal for us against Birmingham I think it was.
    I make you correct!
  • if redknapp was going to have anything to do with the squad it was looking bad for him already but this is a real shame, i thought his last few appearances for England had gone really well.
  • edited February 2012
    BBC nicely refering to him as "the former Spurs and Sunderland forward". I wish him well for a speedy recovery.