Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Victoria Stanyon

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Another stirring delivery of VFR yesterday- http://youtu.be/Ch1y1SfGP78

Comments

• Options
    goose bumps from me yesterday at the ground...................and again now............what a voice!!
  • Options
    Can't see the North Stand adopting the operatic approach to VFR, but I'd like to see them try.
  • Options
    goose bumps from me yesterday at the ground...................and again now............what a voice!!
    spoilt only slightly by the f*cking peasants from Stevanage.

• Options
    Would be a nice touch if she sang that as we collect the Championship trophy at whatever game that might be,
  • Options
    Would be a nice touch if she sang that as we collect the Championship trophy at whatever game that might be,
    Agreed
  • Options
    Agreed
    Naked.

• Options
    Agreed
    Naked.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Can she do the Red Robin?
  • Options

With whitney gone a few rendition of " I will always love you " and she could be heading for the super bowl --

and naked backing singers would make me go in the ground ear;y
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    male or female jdsd? Best to be clear!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't 'get' the opera singer, made me cringe watching that video...luckily I'm not in the ground early enough.....no doubting she's got a cracking voice

also, WTF was that video at half time, the film trailer thing?
  • Options
    male or female jdsd? Best to be clear!
    To be totally clear ............all with the Figure of Jordan (katie price )
  • Options
    would ya;) think she should have her own would ya thread...
  • Options
    Amazing voice, it made me quite emotional!
  • Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't 'get' the opera singer, made me cringe watching that video...luckily I'm not in the ground early enough.....no doubting she's got a cracking voice

As many of you know, I'm an 'old fashioned' soul and blues music fan, but I find the quality and power of Victoria's voice immensely soulful, moreso as I can understand the lyrics to VFR (rather than an Italian aria, for all its obvious musical merit!)
  • Options

As many of you know, I'm an 'old fashioned' soul and blues music fan, but I find the quality and power of Victoria's voice immensely soulful, moreso as I can understand the lyrics to VFR (rather than an Italian aria, for all its obvious musical merit!)
    With you on the Operatic thing............glad i missed it ..

• Options
    Naked ?

• Options
    She's back on May 5th. Time To Say Goodbye (to League 1)
  • Options
    No im with you. Amazing talent and im not a philistine but I think there's a time and a place and 3rd division football in SE London doesn't seem appropriate to me.

But it's obviously popular and well received going by the comments on here and the fact the club keeps doing it so if that's what the majority want fair enough.

• Options
    She could do me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate wanted to go into the club shop before the game so I missed her this time. Not a fan of opera but do like her rendition of VFR.

As for having a "would ya" thread....... as was stated after the last time she performed, all her family are charlton supporters and might very well read this site so a bit of a no no. Besides, she's a very attractive woman so doesn't fit into the "would ya" catagory..............;-)
  • Options
    She's back on May 5th. Time To Say Goodbye (to League 1)
    Nice one, Crusty !
  • Options
    Can she do a Jazz Version of VFR? That would be Great. Really great.
  • Options
    She's better than Shaun....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    She's better than Shaun....
    She's better than Callas
    She's better than Callas
    Victoria Stanyon
    She's better than Callas

• Options
    As in James Callis who played Dr. Gaius Baltar in Battlestar Galactica?

Or Maria Callas ;)
  • Options
    As in James Callis who played Dr. Gaius Baltar in Battlestar Galactica?

Or Maria Callas ;)
    LOL - Not an opera fan and she is the only other female opera singer I could think of.

Edited now, cheers

• Options
    Not an opera fan at all yet I found it very moving before the game to hear her sing. I think it'd be brilliant to have her back for the final home game when we collect our trophy.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Will we collect our trophy on the final home game or when we win it?
  • Options
    No im with you. Amazing talent and im not a philistine but I think there's a time and a place and 3rd division football in SE London doesn't seem appropriate to me.

But it's obviously popular and well received going by the comments on here and the fact the club keeps doing it so if that's what the majority want fair enough.

this.