Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell in the Mail on Sunday

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2106489/First-class-team-second-class-travel-How-Powell-makes-sure-Charlton-feet-ground.html

The best bit:

And, given his successes, if a big club should come calling, asking Powell for his services? ‘They did. I manage them. And I want to take them back to where they used to be.’

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant quote:

And, given his successes, if a big club should come calling, asking Powell for his services? ‘They did. I manage them. And I want to take them back to where they used to be.

• Options
    You can say that again.
  • Options
    Wow, what a brilliant interview.

It comes through in almost every word, the love and affection SCP has for Charlton and, being a fan with the same feelings, that means a lot to me.

Thanks for the link and thanks to you SCP.

• Options
    I liked this bit but I am an old fart.....

‘I want them to be humble, because they’re lucky. They do the best job in the world,’ said Powell.

‘Show respect and, in return, earn it, don’t just demand it. At the training ground, treat the kitchen staff and the groundsmen properly, with the respect they deserve. It helps to build something bigger.’

• Options
    That's made my heart burst with pride, he is a god.
  • Options
    I love reading these atricles - makes me so proud and hope

I assume they go the night before in case of train problems as before the Wendies away game?
  • Options
    Great article from a completely unbiased reporter as well. ;-)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, didn't notice who the reporter was! Still, it's all true!
  • Options
    Seem to post this every time a new interview comes out but...Chris Powell just comes across better and better every single time!! Superb!

Just one gripe...Guinness, what on earth are you doing buying The Mail?????? ;-)
  • Options
    Seem to post this every time a new interview comes out but...Chris Powell just comes across better and better every single time!! Superb!

Just one gripe...Guinness, what on earth are you doing buying The Mail?????? ;-)

Jet lag: & web surfing: woke up at 1am, got up at 4.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012

Jet lag: & web surfing: woke up at 1am, got up at 4.

I'm sure The Mail will have an ad for a little blue pill that'll cut those three hours down mate!!!

;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Funny you should say that, as it is one of the things that can help, so I have learnt this morning, whilst reading on the net.
  • Options
    Think you need to go walk the dog again!!! ;-)
  • Options
    And no, that wasn't a euphemism!!!
  • Options
    Great article.

Cannot think of any other person better to lead Charlton than Chris Powell.
    It's a privilege to have you at the helm, Chris.
  • Options
    He certainly says all the right things doesn't he? - and always has.

I can't recall a more popular (as a person) player ever
  • Options

I've always thought he was a first class act. This just confirms it.

• Options
    One of the better articles with a refreshing angle.

CP says it all, I haven't felt this belief in someone managing the club since Curbs and I admit I have criticised tactics on the odd occasion like against Rochdale, but non the less you know it matters to him more than just a football manager.

Interesting that the Sheff Wed budget is massively more than ours.
  • Options
    What a truly humble, level-headed and eloquent guy! My hero! He is so in touch with the Charlton we all love. So onwards and upwards with Chris. COYR
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Brilliant piece , think I'm developing a man crush that really brought a tear to my eye .Top top bloke , legend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The article was fantastic, but if there's a way you can go back and find it on iPlayer, try and listen to the interview he gave on BBC London 94.9 at about 5:30. It just got better and better. The best interview I've ever heard. The guy is a legend, and I'm so glad he's our manager.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to the BBC London interview? Can only find Radio Kent one
  • Options
    CP top top man. He deserves all the success he gets.
  • Options
    Quality man, quality club

Interesting that the Sheff Wed budget is massively more than ours.
    They are the mostest massiveist ever though!

• Options
    Anyone got a link to the BBC London interview? Can only find Radio Kent one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17082870

• Options
    Amongst the many accolades surely he is the best dressed man in football. You could have cut the grass with the suit he had on yesterday.
  • Options
    What a proper ledge after me
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    On a side note, I think that's the first interview with Powell I've seen this season where the colour of his skin is not mentioned.
  • Options
    Brilliant quote:

And, given his successes, if a big club should come calling, asking Powell for his services? ‘They did. I manage them. And I want to take them back to where they used to be.

I love that ... well done Chris