Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Great Ticket Scandal (was on C4 Thursday 21.00)

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
If you didn't see it. It had a couple of undercover reporters working at Viagogo & Seatwave, who basically represent themselves as an exchange for fans to buy & sell tickets.

The reality, was as you may well guess. The majority of tickets sold on there are not from fans, but from the agencies themselves, who have been sold tickets directly by Ticketmaster or SJM promotions. Additionally, these 2 agencies buy tickets themselves, with a team of super buyers, who have a whole book full of credit cards to use.

This somewhat explains how Coldplay sold out in 2 minutes & how you can't get tickets for all these other gigs, that you try to buy for, as they go on sale. Yet the agencies already have them on sale, although they've only been on sale for 5 minutes.

Outraged from Bromley.

Comments

• Options
    I would' ve liked to see that. May watch it on Youtube. And expect a large handling fee too.
  • Options
    It's not really on is it. About time some of these big bands who have earns a fortune from the support of the buying public started to bypass these agencies so that genuine fans can buy tickets to see them at a price they can afford.
  • Options
    It will be on 4od. Last weeks was about Olympic tickets
  • Options
    Didn't see it, but quite sure it goes on in football too. Euro 2012 is a complete joke.
  • Options
    They didn't just mention pop/rock concerts. It was also theatre ,Last Night of The proms.
  • Options
    Watching it now on Youtube

You couldn't make it up , they should get a few more credit cards!!!

CROOKS
  • Options
    Ticketmaster even have their own tout site "Get me In " which sells tickets even before they come on sale at outrageous prices. Disgraceful. Even as a capitalist i find this deplorable.
  • Options
    Happened with the teenage cancer charitygigs yesterday... Not on sale to sold out in seconds
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have got 2 Coldplay tickets on 2 June bought off Viagogo, outrageous price for each and the program should explain why (they were a Christmas pressie for the Memsahib who was desperate to see then) Thanks for the heads up on the program, I would like to see it and how I was ripped off!
  • Options
    It would seem fairly easy to legislate against this. Successive governments have failed to do anything other than tut-tut about it. Wonder where MPs get their tickets from...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have got 2 Coldplay tickets on 2 June bought off Viagogo, outrageous price for each and the program should explain why (they were a Christmas pressie for the Memsahib who was desperate to see then) Thanks for the heads up on the program, I would like to see it and how I was ripped off!
    If I remember correctly Viagogo (I think) were allocated 9000 Coldplay tickets by Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster get 90% of the sales, Viagogo 10% plus their commission on top.
  • Options
    It would seem fairly easy to legislate against this. Successive governments have failed to do anything other than tut-tut about it. Wonder where MPs get their tickets from...
    A female MP brought this to the House of Commons, within the last month, but the discussion was kicked into touch.
  • Options
    A female MP brought this to the House of Commons, within the last month, but the discussion was kicked into touch.
    Is it the one in the show whose daughter got stung ?