Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interesting rumour from a mate of mine

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Not saying this is 100% accurate but a mate of mine has just told me there's a rumour floating about that we're going to sign Marlon Harewood on loan from Forest with a view to a permanent. He signed a 4 month deal with Forest but is apparantly out of favour. With Hayes leaving today, could be a good signing

Comments

• Options
    Would take that
  • Options
    Was great, I hope he has not lost much of his power and strength. If it is true it would be exciting.
  • Options
    Melon Headwood would be decent.
  • Options
    Please be true.

We need a meat head with power and natural instinct.

This would be a great signing as he would be a great player to have for Championship.

Championship Strikers:

Kermorgant
    BWP
    Haynes
    Harewood
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Better safe than sorry, then.
  • Options
    Why is he out of favour at Forest?

They couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.
  • Options
    How many times Henry.

Your personal collection is not 'work safe'
  • Options
    Your not selling off West Ham shirts now are you Henry? :-0
  • Options
    not work safe no, thanks.
  • Options
    Harewood started off well at Blackpool last season and was then sent out on loan to Barnsley. Could be very useful in this league-if it happens of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    He could be OK .. BUT .. recently he has never settled in anywhere for long .. also, he and Kermorgant are similar and may well not be a good fit
  • Options
    oh Henry!! I was gonna save that pic to my desktop!!
  • Options
    Oddly his best scoring run came under Pardew. If he can rediscover that confidence he'd be tremendous for this season, and pose a threat in the Champ, but he's had long spells where he's struggled in front of goal. Quick and strong enough to worry most though.
  • Options
    He played with Powell so there is a direct connection . In L1 I'd take him , not sure about CCC though.
  • Options
    I cant see us signingMarlon Harewood .
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    hmm...don't know.
  • Options
    Harewood would be a good signing at this level, it makes sense, Powell knows him, hes a London based player, I can see how the rumour has started.
  • Options
    knowing the guy who told me, there has to be some element of truth in the rumour. ie - we have either enquiried, or he has been offered to us or something. But this is by no means a concrete done deal, just a little whisper at the moment. I believe he would be a crackin signing for us at this level and maybe even at champ
  • Options
    So not a done deal.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well we need someone to come in, can't see where the goals are coming from otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Headlines like ''Interesting rumour from a mate of mine'' always put one's back up - but we all still read them, of course!

I'd forgotten that Harewood had played with Powell; so for once a pub rumour from an unnamed ''mate'' might just possibly have legs...

He does seem to have become one of those players who shuttles about between clubs and fails to settle in anywhere. And (perhaps quite unfairly), I've always suspected there was a touch of Marcus Bent about him. But yes; I'd happily take him until the end of the season...
  • Options
    Yes please...

--------Hamer
    Solly Morro Taylor Wiggy
    Stephens Hollands Jacko
    --------Kermit
    ---Harewood-BWP

Would be immense
  • Options
    Yes please...

--------Hamer
    Solly Morro Taylor Wiggy
    Stephens Hollands Jacko
    --------Kermit
    ---Harewood-BWP

Would be immense
    That looks like a decent line up
  • Options
    4312? This ain't FIFA.
  • Options
    Yes please...

--------Hamer
    Solly Morro Taylor Wiggy
    Stephens Hollands Jacko
    --------Kermit
    ---Harewood-BWP

Would be immense
    Not enough width (except for Harewood's Waistline) and pace for my liking. I'd rather someone younger and more dynamic is we were to loan another striker.
  • Options
    Headlines like ''Interesting rumour from a mate of mine'' always put one's back up - but we all still read them, of course!

I'd forgotten that Harewood had played with Powell; so for once a pub rumour from an unnamed ''mate'' might just possibly have legs...

He does seem to have become one of those players who shuttles about between clubs and fails to settle in anywhere. And (perhaps quite unfairly), I've always suspected there was a touch of Marcus Bent about him. But yes; I'd happily take him until the end of the season...
    Like I said not a done deal but my mate isnt just a usual guy down a pub, used to do a bit of scouting at Orient and Brentford and has a few contacts around.

• Options
    GREAT IF WE CAN GET HAREWOOD BUT WILL ANOTHER STRIKER TO STOP THE GOAL DROUGHT? NOT SURE THIS IS THE PROBLEM. STRIKERS NEED A REGULAR SUPPLY OF GOOD BALLS INTO THE BOX AND THIS APPEARS TO BE WHERE THE DROUGHT IS. OTHER TEAMS ARE NOT ALLOWING OUR MIDFIELD AND WIDE MEN TO PLAY IN THE SAME WAY THEY DID EARLIER IN THE SEASON WHEN THE GOALS WERE GOING IN. JUST AN OBSERVATION.
  • Options
    He's shit and looks like jar jar binks
  • Options
    Doesn't excite me. Coming off the bench instead of Clarke , maybe , but replacing Kerms or BWP- no thanks