Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All will be revealed tonight....(NWKA meeting with Jackson & Wiggins)

...at Bexley Sports & Social Club, DA2 7GA, where JJ & Wiggy will update those present on the former's injury and the atmosphere in the changing room following Tuesday evening's match.

PLEASE come & join us for an 8pm sharp start to proceedings . Non members to pay £3 ( adults) & £1 over 60's , under 18's free , for membership until July 2012.

A bonus will be the opportunity to ask BDL face to face about how stardom has affected his life. Autographs an extra at £5 a pop...

Comments

• Options
    I thought this was going to be Supaclive's marquee signings. I want my money back!
  • Options
    Reeled you in , Rizzo ?
  • Options
    Sadly I will either be at home "spending time" with 'er indoors tonight or, and this is my preferred option, at the local for our pub quiz.
  • Options
    Good thread title considering your user name!
  • Options
    I thought the thread headline was from Carry on Behind.
  • Options
    And there's me thinking you was going to reaveal to me if i shall be a father to a boy or girl when my baby is born today!!
  • Options
    good luck SE9 to you and yours
  • Options
    thanks mate
  • Options
    Good thread title considering your user name!
    Glad you approve, Dave.

Of course, there will also be the "after hours/lock in " entertainment afterwards....
  • Options
    Sadly I will either be at home "spending time" with 'er indoors tonight or, and this is my preferred option, at the local for our pub quiz.
    Something for everyone at NWKA, Rizzo.

Charity Quiz at BSSC on Friday 23rd March. Put it in your diary & I'll post the details on here next week.

Sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so you're NOT 'fanlight fanny the frowzy nighclub queen' then ?
  • Options
    Is there any feedback from this meeting ?
  • Options
    Is there any feedback from this meeting ?
    No, they are keeping a big secret as they think they are better than the rest of us blah, blah, blah, wibble wibble.

: - )

• Options
    edited February 2012

No, they are keeping a big secret as they think they are better than the rest of us blah, blah, blah, wibble wibble.
    How right you are, Henry !

BUT, not wishing to lose my place in the clique , here are a few tidbits from last night.....

Good turn out for the lads who were superb. Very friendly and at ease, which was obvious from the start when Johnnie asked for a cup of tea ! After a trip to the local supermarket for milk, he was asked how he liked it & replied " 1 sugar, no milk " ! Real joker.

Both players were advised that the fans are a tad nervy at the lack of goals from strikers/visit of the mighty Stevenage on Saturday etc with others adding that this is the "Charlton way" ...They replied that confidence is high in the changing room & that nothing has changed in recent weeks. They don't see recent performances as a blip, merely that we are there to be shot at by other teams , especially those visiting The Valley who are packing the midfield & making it difficult for us to play. Ascertained there were no worries about the "p" word...Mirrored what the optimistic ( realistic?) Lifers have been saying recently ie How can you use the blip word when we haven't lost since NY Eve ?

They were asked ( as is usually the case at these meetings) whether the size/noise of the crowd affects them on the pitch. It was stated that a "good" noise definitely spurs ( oops !) them on and that they do hear some negativity at times but are trained to dismiss such and concentrate on their game. Both looking forward to a close to sellout ( sorry!) attendance on Saturday with JJ saying it would probably be the biggest crowd Wiggy had ever played in front of ! Got the feeling that they want to win this oone badly after the defeat away, but JJ said it was not THE crucial win that some describe it as. They want too win every game....

JJ is a Gooner and Wiggy a Chelsea fan whose Dad & bruv are season ticket holders at The Beach. Ironical as I had stuck a flyer for our quiz over a framed photo of Ashley Cole on the night...

Asked if SCP ever "loses it" off the pitch , we were told that he was very angry at halftime of the Tranmere match , which those of us present thought would be the case on that day. Seems as though the message was loud & clear as the 2nd half performance was much improved. Both were asked about their previous managers and both agreed that SCP is top of their lists ( at present !)

Wiggy is expecting more stick from the Bournemouth fans next weekend and badly wants to win there. He is on standby currently for the Wales squad. Asked about Craig Bellamy he stated that he is a far nicer person off the pitch than on it !!

Asked about Megson's conduct when we played at Hillsborough this season, JJ was scornful of the way he acted pitchside and said how well SCP had dealt with the situation. The Sheffield massive derby on Sunday was discuussed with both players indicating that a draw would be the best result although would rather a Utd victory that a Wendy one - better to keep a decent gap between the top 2 and the others.

Someone asked whether another striker ( on loan) would be a good addition to the squad to see the season through, but JJ answered that we definitely have sufficient at the Club to do the job. They both have every confidence in BWP, Yann and co to add to their tally before too long. Apparently, the Rochdale manager stated on Tuesday evening that Yann is the best player he's come across in this league. Both agreed that he won everything in the air that night and was superb. I think the word " beast" was used too.....!

And finally ( as my mind has gone blank) JJ is fit and will train today ;his injury was not the same as the one he sufffered earlier in the season at Brentford. Wiggy is hopeful of returning to his favourite slot on the pitch although he said he plays where the gaffer tells him to and gives his all regardless, bless him.

All in all, a very good evening was enjoyed by all , our guests included and they left us with applause & good wishes ringing in their ears for the great season they've given us thus far and all our best wishes for the remaining games. They are undoubtedly both a credit to our beloved Club .

Oh and musn't forget to mention that the evening was complete when Mendonca in Asdsa introduced himself to me. Great to meet you, mate - our newst NWKer !!

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    JJ is quite the dish isnt he.
  • Options
    Good report but took too long to post it up : - )

And MIA is a Bromley Addick, stop nicking our members. You'll be running buses from the Glades next : - )
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Always perv, perv, perv with you isn't it?!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Yeah, get some standards

• Options
    great report FF, thanks for taking the time to write (and @Ross for the Ashford one)
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Not always but you have to admit he is pleasing on the eye.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Fanny , nice to meet you too, very concise report! ;-0
  • Options

And MIA is a Bromley Addick, stop nicking our members. You'll be running buses from the Glades next : - )
    Its alright Henry , i might be 'defective , but i'm not defecting! very welcoming place though and would throughly recommend , good turnout as well.

• Options

Its alright Henry , i might be 'defective , but i'm not defecting! very welcoming place though and would throughly recommend , good turnout as well.

Aw, thanks, MIA. We are a friendly lot , although you would have seen just how friendly had you stayed for the "all will be revealed " party....

Bet Henry doesn't even remove his cardi !

• Options
    It was stated that a "good" noise definitely spurs ( oops !) them on and that they do hear some negativity at times but are trained to dismiss such and concentrate on their game.
    Why does this bring to mind the riot training the police do except that instead of a load of yobs lobbing bottles there's a mob of boo'ers hurling insults.