Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What Age Are You Going To Retire At? ..... Or Have Retired at

Would love to say 65 , but as i haven't got (afford) a pension who knows?

Comments

• Retired at 49.
  • Retired at 51, had to go back to work at 53! Feckin' economy - I blame the Greeks!
  • 47 and I'm 46 now..Wishful thinking
  • 66 if the bastard government have their way
  • Latest estimate is 68, but it'll probably be more likely 70 by then.
  • Retired at 40, went back to work at 46!
  • If all goes well I´ll be retiring in 10 years when I reach 60!
  • 75 the way it's going
  • 2nd February 2022 - age 66
  • Sponsored links:

• 100 at this rate
  • Semi retired at 47, started to get a bit bored (and to be honest my funds were not sufficient to deal with a decent life of leisure) so went back to working full time at 48 with a new lease of life.

Promised myself that I'd give it no more than 10 years though and aim to full time retire at 58.
  • Retired at 49.
    Retired at 44

• Never, if the govt gets it's way.
  • Doubt i will ever be able to
    Oh you'll be able to - it's just a matter of whether or not you'll ever get a state pension!
  • As soon as my numbers come up on ERNIE I'm offski!
  • Retired at 49.
    You beat me by one year, CE. Although I'm a bit of a fraud because I do still accept well-paid freelance commissions to mouth-off, if they require no work and don't clash with football/cricket/holidays etc...

Still jealous that you got there a year before me , though!
  • Early retirement at 51 and blew the lump sum on holidays, a new motorbike and in the fleshpots of Reigate. Returned to work at 52 for 12 years and as I liked the job intended to stay on past 65 but got ill and finished at 63. Never really had to face the problems being experienced by younger people these days both in jobs and pensions: must be very worrying.
    Oh you'll be able to - it's just a matter of whether or not you'll ever get a state pension!
    As it currently stands I dont even get a full state pension

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2012
    60 hopefuly - just the 17 years to go.
  • Retired at 49.
    Retired at 44

Bastard!

• The wife doesn't know it yet but I intend to retire within the next three years. Hope she learns not to wake me up by slamming the door on her way to work ;-)
  • god knows, on holiday soon when i turn 50. When i come back going to hand all my random pension information over to a financial advisor to sort and advise me. Considering i am a Associate Director of Global Accounting - pensions confuse me no end
  • Can't see it at the moment.

• Hopefully 60 god willing if not a bit earlier as I'm 55
  • Retirement date 26th April 2029. I'll be 52 years old.
  • plan to retire in about seven years when I'm 55. Intend to but all depends on if the government changes pension laws in the meantime. Read the other day that they are thinking of taxing the lump sum you can take at the outset which could have a bearing on things. Even then can't see myself still commuting into the City past that age.
  • in 2 years time hopefully when im 18;)
  • Will be redundant in 3 months and thinking I might not go back to work.