Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Book early for Booing

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
If we lose to Stevenage, Chesterfield and Bournmouth would it be ok if I BOO at Bournmouth ? Or is that to soon ? Just want to know the Booing eticate.

Comments

• Options
    I hate booing , everyone in life makes mistakes , people need to back their team from the minute go on Saturday , it will be a tough match.
  • Options
    Lowest form of wit.
  • Options
    Thought I would re-instate this. If we lose to AFC Wimbledon, is it ok to BOO ! 
  • Options
    Would it help?
  • Options
    Only 20 minutes to wait and see.
  • Options
    Seeing as the original thread was about a run of 3 games I would say it would be quite acceptable to boo after Rochdale if we don't win any of the proceeding 3 games. Or even if we get less than 6 points from the next 4 games.
  • Options
    I wasn’t at the Mk dons game, but watched it on a stream.

I didn’t hear / pickup on the crowd booing at the end of the match (maybe because I turned over to celebrity pretty quickly). 

It wasn’t until I heard the playback from the Charlton Live podcast that I heard booing, which I felt was a bit harsh and uncalled for if I’m being completely honest, no wonder Lee had the hump with the fans.

Watching footie on a stream certainly sanitises your emotions!!!

Would recommend it for those with blood pressure issues!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Never ever ok to boo
    what about if it’s after jumping out of a wardrobe?
    Boo silently 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t say boo to a goose 
  • Options
    I boo foie gras. Does that count?
  • Options
    The Boo Radleys, now there's a band!
  • Options
    I met Martin Carr on a train to Liverpool once. Had quite a long chat with him, we were both going to the game.
  • Options
    I'm gonna clap very loudly to pretend there aren't any boooos
  • Options
    I wasn't one of the booers, but I don't see what's wrong with booing after a game if the performance has been terrible. And we were garbage against MKD
  • Options
    I met Martin Carr on a train to Liverpool once. Had quite a long chat with him, we were both going to the game.
    He was asleep as the train approached Lime Street station, so you went over to shake him "Wake up Boo"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boo Weekly.

US golfer.
  • Options
    Too add I'd rather leave the game than boo.

• Options
    I always liked the BOOmtown Rats.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Better to not show up than start booing as far as I'm concerned... Either take being a Charlton fan or sling your hook 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If you feel the need to boo; go to a panto.

Oh no you can't. 

I agree with mascot 88, either support the team when we need it most, or sling your captain Hook.
  • Options
    We won all 3 of those games back in 2012 so fingers crossed the resurrection of this thread does the same trick!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If you feel the need to boo; go to a panto.

Oh no you can't. 
    Reminds me of the night at Wimbledon theatre when we took the kids to see Peter Pan and they had Henry Winkler aka The Fonz making his panto debut as Captain Hook. As he strolled on to the stage for the first time there was a moment of shock on his face as the audience hissed and boo’d (before cheering because he was the The Fonz after all) and it looked like his fellow cast members had ‘forgotten’ to mention that as he was playing the villain the panto audience reaction to him whenever he was on stage might not be what he was experienced to or expecting 
  • Options
    I seem to recall a crap run over Dec - Jan in our promotion season last year, I think the win at Wimbledon broke it funnily enough. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I seem to recall a crap run over Dec - Jan in our promotion season last year, I think the win at Wimbledon broke it funnily enough. 
    promoted last year ? I might have some bad news for you...