Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watson & Oliver

My good god is anyone watching this pile of steaming doodoo? Supposed to be then next 'big thing' but I think an evening hand washing Megson's undercrackers would be more laughs.

Comments

• Options
    I went and saw it being filmed, it was quite good
  • Options
    Sounds like a clothing store for gentlemens attaire.............
  • Options
    What I saw of it was awful.
  • Options
    Saw the laugh free trailer and decided not to bother (unusual for me). The Radio Times preview gave it a right slagging too.
  • Options
    Was probably the worst 'comedy' show I've ever seen. I actually couldn't believe they would put that on the tv, absolute garbage!

Strange how this makes it on to BBC2 when they have some great stuff like Him & Her hidden away on BBC3.
  • Options
    Without wanting to make a sweeping statement or generalizing or...... No sorry I can't.

Women just aren't funny.
  • Options
    Without wanting to make a sweeping statement or generalizing or...... No sorry I can't.

Women just aren't funny.
    Miranda proves that!!!
  • Options

Women just aren't funny.
    Julia Davis and Jessica Stevenson, are two of my most favourite comic actresses; and indeed 'drama' actresses. I'm not knocking your opinion, just that in the US those two mentioned would get the opportunity to script their own films. We seem to not even be able to propel our female comic actors even towards Hollywood, and they barely get remembered for writing two of the finest sitcoms of the last twenty years.
  • Options

Women just aren't funny.
    Miranda proves that!!!
    God that show is terrible.
  • Options
    Comic actress/Comedienne not the same thing.

Three women "comediennes" that come to mind.....

Jo Brand - "I hate men, I'd shag him, I'm fat, men are stupid, I think I've shagged him."

Jenny Eclair - "Ooooh I've got me period!"

Geordie bird who is on everywhere all of a sudden - Well, (turns to A-list Holloywood male lead on Ross'/Carr's/Norton's settee) I'd shag ya Pet!

Hilarious!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Women just aren't funny.
    Whoa there! Dangerous ground there Chirps. I'll agree that the double act format like these two just doesn't seem to work that often but that is a massive generalisation. As others pointed out there are talented female comedians/comedy actors out there like Julia Davis and half the cast from The Fast Show. Maybe on their own these two might have something to offer but on last nights showing I'm doubting it.

Smack The Pony it wasn't.
  • Options
    Women aren't funny? Have you SEEN 30 Rock? Tina Fey is one of the funniest people I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Oh dear Chirpy, divide the argument, then use polemical female comics for men to prove that all females aren't comics. But then again comic actresses are not comediennes..... What are you talking about? So Julia Davis who went on tour supporting Alan partridge is not a comedienne, but ladies who do a sketch show on TV are. and Tina Fey/Jessica Stevenson who do sketches and write/perform are also comediennes. I'm glad you're drawing the victorian intransigent comedy definition lines.
  • Options
    Got 'em Chirps...