Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Los Angeles

13»

Comments

• Options
    Is it more compelling than Grimsby?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Is it more compelling than Grimsby?
    Not quite.. Grimsby is supercalifradgeelisticixpealidoshous and more Chicago than LA
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sounds really exciting Oakster! I was in Austin, Texas for a month in 2010 around October-November, studying on Austin Community College, as I went with my Danish gymnasium - gymnasiums in Scandinavia are schools that prepare students for the university. Even though we spent most of the time studying speech and Texan history, we also spent a lot of time working with game-development, as Texas, and Austin in particular, are important locations in the American gaming industry.

We heard very positive things about the festival, while we were there, and I am sure it will be a blast for you guys. Since the weather is so good in general, I would absolutely recommend Barton Springs. It's a spring with nice clean water, where you can cool off and relax picture below

When you are staying in the Austin area, you'll have nice opportunities, when it comes to exploring other parts of Texas. San Antonio is a great city as well, with a lot of history (for instance The Alamo). You can also visit NASA near Houston.

One the my greatest experiences was a trip to AT&T Center, where the San Antonio Spurs plays basketball. You'll probably have a lot of opportunities, when it comes to sports.

Something that is very popular in Austin, Houston and San Antonio is the cinema chain Alamo Drafthouse (http://drafthouse.com/about) The cinemas should be some of the best in the country - I don't know why I did not go to one of them!