Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubicon

How has this passed me by? Just started watching it - frickin awesome TV. Anybody else seen it? Downloaded the lot and am going to watch it all in one go.

Comments

• Saw the First and second episodes when they were shown together a few weeks ago and thought it was interesting. I thought I should follow it but then forgot and missed a few episodes and given the intricacies of the plot I did not see any point trying to get back into it.

Where have you downloaded it from?
  • Delicious

• Yeah, I downloaded a carton of that and it make a right bloody mess of my processor................
  • Passion Fruit is head and shoulders above the rest.
  • goes down a treat with me box of chicken... init rude boy..
  • Thought this was going to be about the away end at Chesterfield.
  • Have stopped watching American TV series now.. Too often they get cancelled just as you're getting into them - as this one was..
  • I don't think thereis any need for Rubicon to have a second series - seems to be pretty neatly wrapped up to me - not much in the way of loose ends. What irks me most about american telly is when they just draaaaaaaag a series out for the sake of it - Heroes being a prime example. After series 2 that was absolute dreck
  • I don't think thereis any need for Rubicon to have a second series - seems to be pretty neatly wrapped up to me - not much in the way of loose ends. What irks me most about american telly is when they just draaaaaaaag a series out for the sake of it - Heroes being a prime example. After series 2 that was absolute dreck
    Or equally irking is the type of American TV Series where they drag it out for six seasons based entirely on the premise of loose ends, and then cop out at the very climactic 'answer all' episode with the explanation that the characters have been dead the whole time - marking everyone who watched and liked it and genuinely believed the writers had a reason and explanation for every little quirk looking like a complete fool. And me, who always held the opposite opinion, looking superior in every way and having undoubtedly better taste.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have stopped watching American TV series now.. Too often they get cancelled just as you're getting into them - as this one was..
    Seems a bit extreme. I must admit, I do not like the system over there a great deal, but to stop watching entirely is a proper nose/ face spiting attitude. ABC continued with Lost regardless of ratings, and are doing the same with Fringe (although I'd argue the writer's are throwing that back in the studio's face).

Meanwhile, there's some great, great stuff coming on - Luck, Boardwalk, The Walking Dead, Homeland... If F/X cancelled Walking Dead, I'd be furious - but I wouldn't want to erase the first 2 seasons from my memory. Except maybe the bit where the zombie in the well split in half. That was pretty gross.
  • Homeland is awesome just finished watching it, can't wait for 2nd series. I watched all the episodes over a weekend. I would imagine you get the uncut version which will be really good.
  • I tend to google US tv series and see if they have been cancelled before I watch them, otherwise I just get pissed off if they cancel after 8 or 10 episodes.
  • This one's completely passed me by. Not even heard of it!
    What's it about and is it similar to anything else?
    Seems a bit extreme. I must admit, I do not like the system over there a great deal, but to stop watching entirely is a proper nose/ face spiting attitude. ABC continued with Lost regardless of ratings, and are doing the same with Fringe (although I'd argue the writer's are throwing that back in the studio's face).

Meanwhile, there's some great, great stuff coming on - Luck, Boardwalk, The Walking Dead, Homeland... If F/X cancelled Walking Dead, I'd be furious - but I wouldn't want to erase the first 2 seasons from my memory. Except maybe the bit where the zombie in the well split in half. That was pretty gross.
    Well, I don't like investing time in something that's going to be axed without warning, and the trouble is you never know which ones are going to take off & stay on until at least some form of conclusion. LOST is a great example where it did, but there are many, many others that are chopped after a season or 2 with the story left in mid air - such as the new 'V'.
    There's a list here of all the shows chopped over the past year or 2. Some were longer-running, but most are dropped very quickly : http://www.tvhell.net/list4.html
    If a good series goes on for 3 seasons or so, I'd then download & watching it from the start.. ;)
  • Passion Fruit is head and shoulders above the rest.
    Bull, its all about the lychee!
  • This one's completely passed me by. Not even heard of it!
    What's it about and is it similar to anything else?
    Espionage/Conspiracy type stuff - but heavy on plot and acting, rather than action. Cast is fantastic - the main lead is brilliant, as are the supporting ensemble. Oh and miranda Richardson is in it - proper 'would ya' territory there.
  • I don't think thereis any need for Rubicon to have a second series - seems to be pretty neatly wrapped up to me - not much in the way of loose ends. What irks me most about american telly is when they just draaaaaaaag a series out for the sake of it - Heroes being a prime example. After series 2 1 that was absolute dreck
    FYP. See also True Blood. OTOH genius shows like Freaks and Geeks get cancelled after just one series.

Hugely recommend Breaking Bad for anyone who likes yank TV. Up there with the Wire, the Sopranos and Mad Men for me.

• 'Luck' is awesome, only 3 episodes in and I am hooked. If you have even a passing interest in horse racing I think you'll like it..
    Or equally irking is the type of American TV Series where they drag it out for six seasons based entirely on the premise of loose ends, and then cop out at the very climactic 'answer all' episode with the explanation that the characters have been dead the whole time - marking everyone who watched and liked it and genuinely believed the writers had a reason and explanation for every little quirk looking like a complete fool. And me, who always held the opposite opinion, looking superior in every way and having undoubtedly better taste.
    For real, so many people got totally duped by that show, the answer was pretty much a complete joke and a giant finger to all it's fans.

Hillarious though.

• Sponsored links:

• Thought this was going to be a thread about Tangerine Dream.....
  • Thought this was going to be a thread about Tangerine Dream.....
    Beat me to it !

For real, so many people got totally duped by that show, the answer was pretty much a complete joke and a giant finger to all it's fans.

Hillarious though.

There's the potential for a big pro/ anti Lost argument, but I do think it's worth saying that, if you go back and watch any of it through, it does largely tie up. I was as disappointed as anyone about the dead thing in Season 6, but they weren't dead the whole time. The story stands up to scrutiny, but the ending was... disappointing. Didn't make the ride any less fun though. As for reasons and explanations, I am still unsure as to what people need answering? The writers even quoted Richard Feynman's approach to the question, "Why?"

Why just leads to more questions...
  • edited February 2012
    Two of my best mates who loved that show are serious atheists. I couldn't help but crack up when they told me about 'Christian Shepherd' with the most disappointed look on their faces.