Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northern Notebooks

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
The following selection of articles were erroneously posted here in the belief that they were written by Charlton Life's AddickUpNorth. As you can see from the next post though, they weren't. Oh well, now there up there seems little point in taking them down ;-)

March 1989, NotAddickUpNorth laments Charlton's poor cup record:

December 1994, NotAddickUpNorth on Robert Lee:

September 1995, NotAddickUpNorth on a new season:

October 1995, NotAddickUpNorth on football books:

February 1998, NotAddickUpNorth questions Henry's integrity:

Comments

• Options
    :( bit of confusion Stig, sorry mate but I'm not Graham Newson. He wrote way more stuff than me. My scribblings were published in issues 42-46, possibly a couple more after that before my literary aspirations crashed and burned.
    I think because the subject matter was more or less the same it was Rick's editorial policy to publish my stuff under the banner headline 'Northern Notebook'.

Thanks for posting Graham's stuff, it made me dig out my back issues and it's brought back a lot of memories. Just read what I wrote and had a giggle to myself, can say I wasn't in the running for Sportswriter of the Year.

I'm also on the cover of issue 41, to the left, one row down from the copper lowest on the stairway. Wearing a black jacket and I had hair! Can't remember what the row was about though.
  • Options
    Hopefully, I've got this right now and the articles that follow really are from AddickUpNorth.

May 1993, AddickUpNorth on love lost:

October 1993, AddickUpNorth on Millwall:

November 1993, AddickUpNorth on Minto, Carlo and others:

December 1993, AddickUpNorth on Curbs:

• Options
    And here's that picture:

• Options
    Yep Stig, that be my musings and you are a gent for taking the time to do that. If I ever meet you, the drinks are on me.
  • Options
    It was my pleasure. I enjoyed reading the articles.

Glad I got it right in the end.
  • Options
    I'm in that last picture, my old E block seat
  • Options
    F block mate! Happy days :)
  • Options
    Blimey. I can see myself standing in F block..............