Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HOW MANY MORE WINS TO THE P WORD ?

well for a little while now i being saying we need to win so many more games to the p word. My theory is now 7 more wins with a couple of draws . So basically win half the matches we got left we be ok . just wondering what ever one else was thinking

Comments

• Options
    Have a look at the E# thread.
  • Options
    As it stands today we need 12 and we are guarantied 2nd place at worse.
  • Options
    90 points is the target. So 7 wins plus a draw would get us there.
  • Options
    i said to my mate before the bury game that we need 9 wins (so 8 now). he said we needed 5 wins.
  • Options
    I reckon it might take more than 90 points this season. 3 other clubs are on course -- or very nearly so -- for that target.
  • Options
    i said to my mate before the bury game that we need 9 wins (so 8 now). he said we needed 5 wins.
    I said exactly this. 8 more wins and we're there.
  • Options
    we are up
  • Options
    we are up
    Oh no we aren't!
  • Options
    By my calculations Sheff Wednesday are on course for 82 points and Huddersfield 84, which is about right when you look at previous year's tables. That means of course that 6 wins and we will be mighty close or 5 wins and a couple of draws. 90 points will almost certainly get you promoted so that would be 7 wins and a draw. Having said that, I think we sjould have 2 aims beyond that, winning the league and getting more than 100 points.
  • Options
    two aims, win the league and 107 points please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Record is 101 set by Fulham, however some say it was 101 and others say 104.
  • Options
    No it isn't, its Reading's 106: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_F.C.
  • Options
    ...I think we sjould have 2 aims beyond that, winning the league and getting more than 100 points.
    That makes three aims and that confuses me. Can't we keep it to one?
  • Options
    WRONG! That was in their Championship season
  • Options
    I thought Luton had the record in this division with 97 points, although I'm probably wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fulham got 101 in 98/99
  • Options
    Was it called League 1 back then Nath?
  • Options
    Division 2, but all records are kept as L1
  • Options
    Sorry, you've lost me. Please explain how Division 2 became League 1 ?
  • Options
    I think 8, puts us on 92 points, more then enough, especially the way the rest are falling away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, you've lost me. Please explain how Division 2 became League 1 ?
    It was Divison 2 before the re-structuring/re-naming of the leagues, so you have to add 1 onto every league, so Championship was D1, L1 was D2 and L2 was D3
  • Options
    Aah, I think I've got it. Prem, Divs 1 ,2 & 3, with no Championship. Sorry to have doubted you.
  • Options
    7 more wins
  • Options
    Aah, I think I've got it. Prem, Divs 1 ,2 & 3, with no Championship. Sorry to have doubted you.
    and before the days of the premiership (pre 92) we are the equivalent to division 3.
  • Options
    I think 8, puts us on 92 points, more then enough, especially the way the rest are falling away
    This
  • Options
    Up until 1992 it was Div 1, Div 2, Div 3 and Div 4
    Then until 2004 it was Prem League, Div 1, Div 2 and Div 3
    Since 2004 it has been Prem League, Championship, League 1 and League 2

7-8 wins should do the trick although won't be celebrating until the fat lady is clearing her throat...16 games and a lot can happen. 6 points hopefully against Dale and Stevenage should help!
  • Options
    I've still got my old 1980s enamelled badge that says, "Charlton, Division One".

I'll have to dust it down and wear it on Saturday!
  • Options
    when I said I wanted 107 points I meant so we could break Reading's Football League record.

• Options
    when I said I wanted 107 points I meant so we could break Reading's Football League record.

Aye, I want us to break the Football League record, not the poxy L1 record.
    Aim high!