Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last game of the season

I am hopeful that we will have something to celebrate when we play Hartlepool in May - this isn't a thread about that though.

The last game of the season is scheduled for Saturday 5th May. I don't remember us having out last game switched to a Sunday in th last two seasons, does anyone know if this is standard for League 1 or have I kissed something.

I'm only asking as my son wants to have his birthday party at The Valley, and I need to get arranging the logistics but don't really want the game to be switched from a Saturday to a Sunday after I've booked meals etc. in one of the lounges.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    It will be on the Saturday. League 1 and 2 on Saturday championship on its own Sunday.
  • Options

I think they move all the Championship games to the Sunday for television purposes, but the lower leagues remain as they are on the Saturday. Some games could be moved to earlier or later slots on the Saturday, but we should be unaffected as I understand we have had our full allocation of Sky fixtures.
  • Options
    Think they have to all kick off at the same time for fairness reasons as some teams will need points to stay up or get in play-offs etc
  • Options
    POTY has been booked for Sunday 6th May with SCP's approval....
  • Options
    Need some clues, did it have lips, was it warm and wet?
  • Options
    pitch invasion...when were promoted!
  • Options

I think they move all the Championship games to the Sunday for television purposes, but the lower leagues remain as they are on the Saturday. Some games could be moved to earlier or later slots on the Saturday, but we should be unaffected as I understand we have had our full allocation of Sky fixtures.
    Would have thought all games in League 1 will kick off at 3 so as not to give anyone an advantage

• Options
    Too much pecking
  • Options
    Up for this
  • Options
    Up for this
    yes this would be quality,even though i would have to jump down from the north upper its still do-able ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Championship finishes on 28th April this season so only matches on 5th are penultimate Premier League matches and final League 1 and 2 games. The other wierd thing is the Cup Final is on 5th May (although I heard it might be an evening kick off this year so we could still play at 3
  • Options
    Christ, I'm not going to have to bear witness to another embarrassing pitch invasion am I? A bunch of kids in tracksuits grabbing at the players as they try to get off the pitch. Brilliant
  • Options
    Christ, I'm not going to have to bear witness to another embarrassing pitch invasion am I? A bunch of kids in tracksuits grabbing at the players as they try to get off the pitch. Brilliant
    Maybe the fancy dress theme could be Hereford fans circa 73 and we could wear bar scarfs and parkas, that was a decent pitch invasion....