Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Holy sh*t the Titanic has just sunk!
  • Holy sh*t the Titanic has just sunk!
    I presume the name change is not new news then ? :)

• They finally found Bin Laden
  • Sorry :-)

The name changed around November I think? They were just changing the signs today.
  • In my season ticket days of the 90s I travelled down from York to King's Cross and invariably I'd bump into fans of Middlesbrough, Sunderland or Newcastle on there travels. If any of them were in London then they were usually lively journeys. Sometimes I'd wear colours and as a consequence would get chatting to whichever teams fans were on. The Boro boys were mostly good lads, the Sunderland boys were spot-on. I had beers bought for me from both sets of fans.
    As for the 'Toon Army', I always found them to be condescending and very deluded for a club who'd won nothing of real note for almost as long as us.

However, have to feel for them in this, I find it a bit sacriligous. Branding St. Jame's Park in this manner is a sacrifice of heritage to the god of filthy lucre. And it stinks! Would hate it to happen to the Valley.

It will always be St Jame's Park to me because it was there I attended two of my favourite games - the 4-3 win when we'd been 3-0 down and the 2-2 draw, midweek in their promotion season under Keegan when Nelson and Leaburn scored for us. Top night.
  • Someone got nicked today for spray painting it st James park
  • ah fair play, as you can tell I dont pay much attention to the news
  • I think it's hilarious. Maybe if they treated Mike Ashley with a bit more respect then he'd have thought about their feelings on the matter first.

They think that just cos everyone in newcastle has a shirt that they're massive worldwide. Deluded
  • Not true.

I saw Charlton win at St James Park just 3 weeks ago.

There was even a sign saying St James Park.
  • Not true.

I saw Charlton win at St James Park just 3 weeks ago.

There was even a sign saying St James Park.
    want me to get your coat ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly oggy if exeter ever play newcastle they can sing "there's only one st james park!"
  • Don't even think about changing the name of the Valley Mr Slater!
  • Anyone got a link to an English language version of the video?

I think the Aldi Arena has quite a ring to it
  • edited February 2012
    Don't even think about changing the name of the Valley Mr Slater!
    Do you think if we got 10 million a season for being called the Reebok Valley or (Insert your own name... Valley) that would be a really bad thing?

Do you think if we got 10 million a season for being called the Reebok Valley or (Insert your own name... Valley) that would be a really bad thing?

That I could live with. The KRBS (or whoever) Stadium? No way.
  • edited February 2012
    The MacDonalds Valley?

It would give me the same nauseous feeling as sitting in the The Sun on Sunday Stand.

No thanks.
  • How about BDL starting the match day proceedings with "a warm welcome to the webuyanycar dot com Valley"?
  • The MacDonalds Valley?

It would give me the same nauseous feeling as siiting in the The Sun on Sunday Stand.

No thanks.
    Agree this would be an embarassment.

• I don't care how much money a company throws at us the thought of renaming The Valley sickens me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Given the Club's track record of using the proper name for stands any sponsor would soon be asking for their money back anyway : - )
  • I don't care how much money a company throws at us the thought of renaming The Valley sickens me.
    True , but if your the one paying the bills every week you can see why they'd be tempted.