Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you were Arsene...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Come face it, most football fans are a bit odd.
    Agreed: Who are the "worst" "Odd-ist" though: We who go and moan, or the "Armchairs" who see all ?

• Options
    All goonershite fans are deluded arrogant pricks who like scousers are always the victims ,

I keep hearing them on phone ins saying shite like

All real football fans know what brilliant things wenger has done for football in this country

Like what tell me one good thing wenger has done for football in this country

Pick a full non English 11 in a top flight game

Buy loads of young foreign players instead of bringing through or buying young English players y
    Screwing up 1 of England young hot prospects by trying to turn him in to Henry when most know he wants to play just off of a big man up top

Breading arrogance into players like fabregas so that they go round throwing pizza and spitting on other managers or making comments to managers that have won more trophies than they will ever win

Come on the man has done good things for goonershite in winning trophies ages back , but he is an out of date unable to move with the times deluded old man , who has had his time , come in Mr wenger your time is up
  • Options
    All goonershite fans are deluded arrogant pricks who like scousers are always the victims ,

All real football fans know what brilliant things wenger has done for football in this country

Buy loads of young foreign players instead of bringing through or buying young English players y
    Screwing up 1 of England young hot prospects by trying to turn him in to Henry when most know he wants to play just off of a big man up top

Breading arrogance into players like fabregas so that they go round throwing pizza and spitting on other managers or making comments to managers that have won more trophies than they will ever win

Come on the man has done good things for goonershite in winning trophies ages back , but he is an out of date unable to move with the times deluded old man , who has had his time , come in Mr wenger your time is up
    Buying English players would also have guarenteed him winning nothing.

Walcott playing along a big man up top would still be Forrest Gump...
  • Options

I have to say this is one of the most deluded and arrogant things i have read on this board, you talk about Arsenal fans being percieved as pricks but dont you get those kind of fans at all clubs, including ours? As for Wenger he has brought a lot to this country that a lot of managers look at for example when Wenger came in drinking and eating bad was still part of football but he brought the health side of things to a club that not only benefited Arsenal at the time but is benefiting clubs up and down the country now and thats just to name one thing wont even go into he was the first one in this country who tried to play football in the right way and will always prefer watching and entertaining Arsenal to a boring hoofing Sheffield Wednesday. As for buying foreign players what choice has he got he has spent over 25m on two english players in Chamberlain and Walcott (kids and unproven at the time) where he could have bought 5 or 6 players in europe for the same price. English players prices are and have been for years overflated if you could buy a DVD at HMV for £10 but could get the same kind of DVD for £5 on Play which are you going to buy??? you don't care where they come from as long as it does the job, in an Ideal world they would all be English but we don't live in an ideal world

Another thing is people say that people don't know things about football outside there own club but this comment proves it happens at our club Charlton too.

• Options
    It's going to be hard getting the right players in, and if they don't get CL qualification, then the top european players are unlikely to want to join. And with other clubs having more money, it's hard to compete at that level now.

As a starting point,
    They need a dominant central defender, one who's powerful, vocal, ugly (i.e. prepared to stick his head in where the boots fly) and above all defensive (i.e. not a Luiz type who thinks he's a winger)
    They need a dominant Vieira style box to box midfielder
    Another top quality striker (or 2 if RVP leaves).
    Better full back cover on both sides - selling Clichy and Eboue and replacing them with youngsters was daft.
    GK cover.

But on a more general level
    More defensive coaching, so that the back 4 operate as a unit.
    Improved medical team, to reduce the number of injuries?