Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FFS Phonecall

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
I am getting sick of rushing to the phone in all kinds of domestic scenarios before the answering machine kicks in only to get an automatic message. The satisfaction of shouting eff off down the line is scant recompense

Comments

• Options
    BT can do nothing either if it comes from abroad which all the fking six finger c&%# do.
    I have had a really bad time with this as I work nighs and the dogs go mad when the phone rings. They have given me free caller display but doesn't really stop the problem. When there is someone there when i answer I tell them if they call me again I will come and find you and cut their fckin eyeballs out. It stops it for a while until they get new staff.
    Seriously it's a big problem for me, the annoying thing is they never ask for me, always somebody else even though this was a brand new number when I moved in.
  • Options
    I hardly get any of these calls. I assume it is down tot he fact that I don't actually know my home phone number so never give it out.
    I only ever give my mobile number and apart from the odd (like one every few months) cold call I don't get any on there. Probably to do with the cost of calling mobiles from abroad.
    Might be a solution?
  • Options
    we get them constantly to the main work number here. I recognise the numbers now 0843 or 0844 so hang up but its a pain. Is there a way to stop them?
  • Options
    unplug the phone or register here https://www.donotcall.gov/ , there is another database that can get your number removed from but can't remember it
  • Options
    Yes it does cut them down significantly doing that but you will still get a few.
  • Options
    that website is a bit weird as it wont let me enter the landline number?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Takes a few weeks to kick in to effect, but we found it very good.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
  • Options
    Yes. They only allow you to input10 digit numbers and mine is 11 digits. If they are this incompetent, I don't hold out much hope they will stop many unwanted calls; in fact they wont stop any.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes. They only allow you to input10 digit numbers and mine is 11 digits. If they are this incompetent, I don't hold out much hope they will stop many unwanted calls; in fact they wont stop any.

Is it because the site is American ? It talks of dollars and the like.

I registered with tps. It stops a lot of calls, but I still get bombarded by Asians. Indian & Chinese sounding callers :-(