Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was it a goal?

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Well, firstly it wasn't a goal because the ref didn't give it, but,

in the first half the ball was deflected up in the air and their keeper caught it under the crossbar and took a step backwards. From the North Upper it looked like the ball was over the line. Did anyone have a better view?

Comments

• Options
    i was north upper aswell and have to say it looked in to me but it's a difficult angle for things like this.
  • Options
    Thought it was in. People in the east and west said it wasnt.
  • Options
    I thought it was in but when i looked to the east and west no one was appealing so i assume not.
  • Options
    I sit in the west - it wasnt all over the line but very close. I didnt complain too much as dont think it went in, i was in a better position than the lino - he was slow!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No definitely not from my seat dead in line with the goal line in NW Upper and a number of posters on the post match thread have confirmed that I wasn't seeing things namely Shooters Hill Guru, PaulCAFC and Lawrie Abrahams.
  • Options
    I sit in the NWQ and was looking along the line definitely not a goal
  • Options
    I was west lower on the edge of the area and my opinion that it was never a goal.
  • Options
    The keeper was over the line but the ball clearly wasn't. Definitely not a goal.
  • Options
    Could have been, but there's no way the lino could have given it from his angle - benefit of doubt has to go to defending team.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Could have been, but there's no way the lino could have given it from his angle - benefit of doubt has to go to defending team.
    Sorry Stig could only have been if the whole ball crossed the line and it didn't even look marginal irrespective of where the keeper's feet were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Level with the 18yd line and it didn't even look close to being over
  • Options
    I was in a hospitality box, for the first time ever, in East stand towards that end. Didn't even look close to me but the keeper did make a bit of a mess of it.
  • Options
    I was in the East Stand, block F, and I thought last night that, while the keeper's could've been feet over the line, the ball wasn't. Very close, though.
  • Options
    From the North I thought it was. From the guilty look on the 'keepers face, he thought it was too.
  • Options
    Looked well in from North Upper, but my little Bro reckoned it wasn't, he was by players lounge, lot better view than me along the line, I was more annoyed with the lino being on the half way line - no where near the play
  • Options
    Four of us in the family stand. No way a goal. Joined in the singing - helps if the ref thinks we were hard done by. Who knows, may even get a penalty or two later in the game!
  • Options
    would've been a strange way for BWP to end his barren run....but like Jenson at Man City years back
  • Options
    Looked well in from North Upper, but my little Bro reckoned it wasn't, he was by players lounge, lot better view than me along the line, I was more annoyed with the lino being on the half way line - no where near the play
    Defo not in, thank god, because that lino was sooo far away.

Talking of the lino's and the ref. how short were they? Didn't know Danny DeVito had changed career paths!
  • Options
    To be fair to both linos last night they had trouble seeing over the corner flags as they were that short, let alone see if a ball has crossed the line from 18 yards away.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I sit in the East Stand, Block E, Row Z and could not tell if it was in or not, but the keeper's feet were a good few feet behind the goal line, so he must have had long arms?. I have one question, was the lino over by the West Stand vertically challenged or a long way away?
  • Options
    I thought the Keeper looked more over the line than some are suggesting, but didn't think it was a goal.
  • Options
    No real idea as I sit in the NU but the keeper made me think it was in, he clutched the ball to his chest looked down and quickly stepped forward, extending his arms as he did so. He then came to a stop just before the lino stopped running down the line, looked a bit guilty to me but could have been wrong
  • Options
    Keepers are taught to step forwards when they catch a ball, doesn't imply guilt.
  • Options
    No goal - on the line fairly high up in the family enclosure. Linesman was in no position to make the call however.
  • Options
    Worth mentioning the chance came about thanks to a great burst of pace from BWP putting their CB under pressure and managing to contest the ball when many others wouldn't have got near.
  • Options
    Think it may have flashed over definitely give the defending team benefit though.
  • Options
    So, the people in the North think it was definitely in and those in the east and west say it wasn't.

Who you gonna believe? Those with the actual best view or those misguided fools who think sitting behind a goal gives them a perfect view?
  • Options
    Had we not have won it would definately have been over the line.....but as we won then I'm happy to say with all confidence that it wasn't!
  • Options
    Having seen it again I am convinced it was a goal not a goal now. Lucky decision rather than great decision the linesman had no idea