Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know any decent restaurants near the Royal Albert Hall

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
I'm taking 5 people out for dinner before a show and don't want to cripple myself financially

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Swis....there's literally dozens and dozens in that part of the world.......but none of them are going to be exactly cheap........ as in the suburbs and out of town prices.
  • Options
    Thai restaurant just down the road which was good
  • Options
    Trying to see if there are any Tastecard specials but they appear to be a little bit too poncy for my liking
  • Options
    http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/venue/2:30799/burger-lobster

Haven't been but meant to be good. Bit of a trek but a cab between five.....
    Also you can't book.
  • Options
    Eat in there mate , pretty decent .
  • Options
    Try checking for deals on www.toptable.com
    Sometimes there are pretty good value offers and you can book online.
  • Options
    Went to a place called "Muriel's Kitchen" right by South Ken underground a couple of week's ago - in the building above the tube station. Was quite simple - short menu, and all freshly prepared, but v nice food and v good value. Tables a bit crammed together, but then I'm used to a bit more space in Scotland!
  • Options
    chicago rib shack? knightsbridge. cab to RAH in about 5 mins. relaxed.
  • Options
    Transport isn't a problem - we have a driver for the night.

Marco Pierre White's place is doing a decent offer - set meal for £18.50...maybe just maybe

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Susie.....that closed down at least 5 years ago.......sadly as it was really very good.

Can I recommend a super Indian called the Noor Jahan........just a short cab journey from there in Bina Gardens in the West Ken area........or for a Chinese just a bit further out in West Ken is Mr Wing on Brompton Road.

Susie.....you're right about The Chicago Rib Shack it's back (just Googled it)....reopened after 10 years.....what fantastic news........I'll certainly be going there again soon........good spot and thanks for letting me/us know.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    chicago rib shack is back after a 10 year absence apparently. Tempting

• Options
    Chicao Ribshack has been open for a couple of years.
    Happy hour 5-7
  • Options
    Chicao Ribshack has been open for a couple of years.
    Happy hour 5-7
    Has it really.........2 years.....I used to live in West Ken and often went there.......how could I have missed that!

• Options
    agreed - that's what I've always done when going there
  • Options
    I was gonna say. I went there after Fulham away (although I'd drunk a bit - i definately had an onion loaf!) also went a couple of years ago (at least 2?) for Mr Sausage's birthday. not sure when it went away, but it's defo live and kicking! AND IT'S LOVELY!
    I think there is also now one at Stratford, Westfield?
  • Options
    If pub grub will do, I can recomend the Queens Arms in Queens Gate mews, about 2mins walk from the Albert Hall.
  • Options
    Depends on budget
    Money no object
    Zuma
    One of any in beauchamp pl

Loads Round sth Kensington tube and Kensington high st

Spoilt for choice really
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No Suzi not cab bloody walk lol
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Awana, Malaysian place in Sloane Avenue is superb.

Black and Blue on the Kings Road does the best steak I've had in ages or The Collection along Brompton Road is very nice.
  • Options
    No Suzi not cab bloody walk lol
    I'd walk it, but others might not! You should thank me trying to get you business!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £3.60 fare I think I can live without it lol
  • Options
    £3.60 fare I think I can live without it lol
    But that £3.60 coud help pay those massives taxes you Cabbies pay??

• Options
    This. Didn't have to book. Was only 2 of us though. Very nice and not too pricey